NAMIBIA Hunting Information

I think they want to make sure they collect import duties.
 
Does anyone have any recent experience in the Waterberg Plateau area? I've been doing some research and somewhat intrigued, but the prices are extremely high. It might be worth it though. One outfitter's website listed 2 prices for buffalo: under 50 inches and over 50 inches. Dayrates are high too for a DG hunt.

Thanks
 
Check out the sponsors
 
Does anyone have any recent experience in the Waterberg Plateau area? I've been doing some research and somewhat intrigued, but the prices are extremely high. It might be worth it though. One outfitter's website listed 2 prices for buffalo: under 50 inches and over 50 inches. Dayrates are high too for a DG hunt.

Thanks
50”+ ?? You sure ?
 
Hope it’s ok to ask a question here.
Are there any laws regarding minimum barrel length in Namibia?
 
Hope it’s ok to ask a question here.
Are there any laws regarding minimum barrel length in Namibia?

Strausser, there is no minimum barrel length requirement on bolt action hunting rifles. You may also bring your suppressor into the country.
 
None that I am aware of. 7mm is the recommended minimum caliber.
 
re-reading the OP - @AfricaHunting.com - is 5400 Joules still a requirement for lion? That seems to be way overkill. and 300 gr 375 below ~2450 fps doesn't even meet that criterion.
 
Looking sooo forward to my late July/early August trip to Namibia with Ozondjahe Safaris! My first African trip. Concerned about the 16 hour flight from US to SA with my 67 year old hips, any experiences or tips on breaking it up? I won't be traveling with a firearm, will rent there. Maybe spring for first class? Or a shorter flight with a stopover? Will use Lori Ginn to book. Mike Wachtel.
 
May I ask what gun you’re renting?
We’re considering doing the same,but it would be nice to practice with the same caliber at least.

Looking sooo forward to my late July/early August trip to Namibia with Ozondjahe Safaris! My first African trip. Concerned about the 16 hour flight from US to SA with my 67 year old hips, any experiences or tips on breaking it up? I won't be traveling with a firearm, will rent there. Maybe spring for first class? Or a shorter flight with a stopover? Will use Lori Ginn to book. Mike Wachtel.
Can’t help you with the flights,except buy some “flight socks” as I call them.
Definitely makes me feel better.
 
PH has a choice between .30-'06 and .300 Win Mag. I'll be practicing at home with my '06 from a set of Rudolph shooting sticks with front and rear rests; my PH has bought an identical set of sticks. To save $, I'm also shooting my .22 LR for practice.
 
New Visa Requirements To Enter Namibia


IMPORTANT STARTING April 1, 2025
: Nationals and citizens of countries that have not reciprocated Namibia’s gesture of visa exemption will be required to apply for a visa in order to gain entry into Namibia.

To apply for your Visa in advance to enter Namibia please visit the following link: https://eservices.mhaiss.gov.na.

visa-namibia.jpg
 
Fact Sheet - Visa Requirements Namibia-1.jpg
Fact Sheet - Visa Requirements Namibia-2.jpg
Fact Sheet - Visa Requirements Namibia-3.jpg
Fact Sheet - Visa Requirements Namibia-4.jpg
 
I’ll be testing the new Visa process in 2 weeks! I applied online a couple of weeks ago and received my approved e-Visa the next day. Fingers crossed. I don’t expect it will be smooth, but I also expect to be allowed into the country.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,299
Messages
1,572,052
Members
169,485
Latest member
TaniaBufor
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top