Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
Sooooo, I’m super stoked. As of today my wife and I’s plane tickets are booked and deposit is being wired first thing in the morning. April 14th we’ll be wheels up on our way to Namibia with @KHOMAS HIGHLAND HUNTING SAFARIS. @Carrie and a few others are going with us and it’s going to be one Hellava trip when Texas invades Namibia.
Im going for kudu, blue and black wildebeest, red Hartebeest, gemsbok, springbok, and a baboon. If possible I’m going to try and take a Hartmans Zebra also.

Good luck and hope it all goes well. I love Namibia. If it were a better run country, I'd retire and move there.
The highlands area is breathtaking.

Awesome!

What airlines are you taking to get there?

Congrats! I'm happy for you! I loved Namibia and you have an excellent list.

Sooooo, I’m super stoked. As of today my wife and I’s plane tickets are booked and deposit is being wired first thing in the morning. April 14th we’ll be wheels up on our way to Namibia with @KHOMAS HIGHLAND HUNTING SAFARIS. @Carrie and a few others are going with us and it’s going to be one Hellava trip when Texas invades Namibia.
Im going for kudu, blue and black wildebeest, red Hartebeest, gemsbok, springbok, and a baboon. If possible I’m going to try and take a Hartmans Zebra also.
It will be awesome! You need to reverse your list IMO and put the Hartmans Zebra first. Iconic Namibia! How are you flying?
Look forward to the report.
Philip

Congrats!!!!!! What a great feeling.

Congrats! Should be a great time, look forward to the report!

Good luck Erik. Sounds like a great trip and your list is a good one. I agree with Phillip. Get that zebra first.

What airline are you using?

Your list is almost identical to mine except I will start with the Hartman’s zebra as my top priority. I might replace the blue and black wildebeests with another eland as well. I think a walk up eland in Namibia would Make a great addition.

Oh you guys are going to have one big party! Envious!

What airlines are you taking to get there?

It will be awesome! You need to reverse your list IMO and put the Hartmans Zebra first. Iconic Namibia! How are you flying?
Look forward to the report.
Philip

Your list is almost identical to mine except I will start with the Hartman’s zebra as my top priority. I might replace the blue and black wildebeests with another eland as well. I think a walk up eland in Namibia would Make a great addition.

Oh you guys are going to have one big party! Envious!
Ethiopian Air

Lol I’m loving all the grief I’m catching over the hunt list. The thing is y’all are all absolutely correct.
There are 3 animals I’m not leaving Africa this time without. Being as last one was a DG hunt for me, it limited the PG animals I was able to take.
So, I’ve never taken a kudu. That’s a biggie for me. My son got a great one and Ive got to get a kudu.
The blue and black wildebeest, well here’s the deal in that..... wildebeest are my all time favorite African plains game animal. I’m a beeste nut. I took a white bearded gnu years ago and that started the whole thing. I was supposed to get some WB last time but circumstances didn’t allow and I’m not leaving Africa without a blue and a black this go round. That will leave only 2 true WB subspecies that I will need to one day accomplish my goal of getting all the WB’s, Cooksons and Nyassa.
I have a gemsbok but..... Namibia is the place to get a exceptional one same with springbok.
so that leaves the zebra issue. Well I’m just going to have to figure it out and pull some $$$$ together to try and make one happen.

A WB collection sounds awesome! I never heard of anyone focusing on that, but it makes sense. I too enjoy watching and hunting WBs. BWBs are definitely the “clowns” of Africa.

I'm a zebra nut and went to Namibia twice for a Hartmanns. Iconic animal and only found in Namibia. Common knowledge, there are two sub-species of the Mt Zebra, the Hartmanns Mt. Zebra and the Cape Mt. Zebra.
I have my Hartmanns and will head to SA one day for the Cape.
If you're in Namibia, a Hartmanns is a unique animal to take. They do have some great Eland and Kudu, although the Kudu have suffered due to the drought and rabies, so a big bull may be a little more difficult to find.

Congrats Erik, wish you the best.

My advice.... don´t worry about hunt lists, relax, take what Africa offers, and enjoy, if you don´t see the right animal this time, there will be another hunt in the future

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg