Namibia bound!!!!

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
4
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
8,020
Reaction score
15,650
Location
Texas
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Deals & offers
123
Media
1,826
Articles
7
Hunting reports
Africa
6
USA/Canada
8
Europe
1
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
Sooooo, I’m super stoked. As of today my wife and I’s plane tickets are booked and deposit is being wired first thing in the morning. April 14th we’ll be wheels up on our way to Namibia with @KHOMAS HIGHLAND HUNTING SAFARIS. @Carrie and a few others are going with us and it’s going to be one Hellava trip when Texas invades Namibia.
Im going for kudu, blue and black wildebeest, red Hartebeest, gemsbok, springbok, and a baboon. If possible I’m going to try and take a Hartmans Zebra also.
 
Good luck and hope it all goes well. I love Namibia. If it were a better run country, I'd retire and move there.
The highlands area is breathtaking.
 
Awesome!
 
What airlines are you taking to get there?
 
Congrats! I'm happy for you! I loved Namibia and you have an excellent list.
 
Sooooo, I’m super stoked. As of today my wife and I’s plane tickets are booked and deposit is being wired first thing in the morning. April 14th we’ll be wheels up on our way to Namibia with @KHOMAS HIGHLAND HUNTING SAFARIS. @Carrie and a few others are going with us and it’s going to be one Hellava trip when Texas invades Namibia.
Im going for kudu, blue and black wildebeest, red Hartebeest, gemsbok, springbok, and a baboon. If possible I’m going to try and take a Hartmans Zebra also.
It will be awesome! You need to reverse your list IMO and put the Hartmans Zebra first. Iconic Namibia! How are you flying?
Look forward to the report.
Philip
 
Congrats!!!!!! What a great feeling.
 
Congrats! Should be a great time, look forward to the report!
 
Good luck Erik. Sounds like a great trip and your list is a good one. I agree with Phillip. Get that zebra first.
 
What airline are you using?
 
Your list is almost identical to mine except I will start with the Hartman’s zebra as my top priority. I might replace the blue and black wildebeests with another eland as well. I think a walk up eland in Namibia would Make a great addition.

Oh you guys are going to have one big party! Envious!
 
What airlines are you taking to get there?

It will be awesome! You need to reverse your list IMO and put the Hartmans Zebra first. Iconic Namibia! How are you flying?
Look forward to the report.
Philip

Your list is almost identical to mine except I will start with the Hartman’s zebra as my top priority. I might replace the blue and black wildebeests with another eland as well. I think a walk up eland in Namibia would Make a great addition.

Oh you guys are going to have one big party! Envious!
Ethiopian Air
 
Lol I’m loving all the grief I’m catching over the hunt list. The thing is y’all are all absolutely correct.
There are 3 animals I’m not leaving Africa this time without. Being as last one was a DG hunt for me, it limited the PG animals I was able to take.
So, I’ve never taken a kudu. That’s a biggie for me. My son got a great one and Ive got to get a kudu.
The blue and black wildebeest, well here’s the deal in that..... wildebeest are my all time favorite African plains game animal. I’m a beeste nut. I took a white bearded gnu years ago and that started the whole thing. I was supposed to get some WB last time but circumstances didn’t allow and I’m not leaving Africa without a blue and a black this go round. That will leave only 2 true WB subspecies that I will need to one day accomplish my goal of getting all the WB’s, Cooksons and Nyassa.
I have a gemsbok but..... Namibia is the place to get a exceptional one same with springbok.
so that leaves the zebra issue. Well I’m just going to have to figure it out and pull some $$$$ together to try and make one happen.
 
A WB collection sounds awesome! I never heard of anyone focusing on that, but it makes sense. I too enjoy watching and hunting WBs. BWBs are definitely the “clowns” of Africa.
 
I'm a zebra nut and went to Namibia twice for a Hartmanns. Iconic animal and only found in Namibia. Common knowledge, there are two sub-species of the Mt Zebra, the Hartmanns Mt. Zebra and the Cape Mt. Zebra.
I have my Hartmanns and will head to SA one day for the Cape.
If you're in Namibia, a Hartmanns is a unique animal to take. They do have some great Eland and Kudu, although the Kudu have suffered due to the drought and rabies, so a big bull may be a little more difficult to find.
 
Congrats Erik, wish you the best.

My advice.... don´t worry about hunt lists, relax, take what Africa offers, and enjoy, if you don´t see the right animal this time, there will be another hunt in the future
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,377
Messages
1,574,540
Members
170,056
Latest member
LuzBurgin3
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top