Name for a new wildcat cartridge

We made 458 WSM with my friend. We get very good velocities with short barrel.
680- 700m/s with 42cm barrel and we use 400gr Swift- A-Frame. The gun weights under under 3kg without scope

When it comes to naming cartridges, I’m more of a traditionalist. Some of the new ones, like the 577 T-Rex and 600 Overkill are, to me, a bit ridiculous (that neither will ever see the light of day as a standard offering is, perhaps, a mild consolation).

My recommendation is to utilize the parent case in the naming scheme (unless it’s a belted magnum because H&H basic brass is the parent case for nearly everything). Then, tack your name on at the end (after all, she’s your baby).

Oldish thread I know. But just wanted to comment on this post above.

The .577 Tyrannosaur sounds cool to me - I’m a fossil nut though. However! As much as I like the .600 overkill as a cartridge I couldn’t own one just because of the stupid name. .600 Belted magnum or something I could go for.

I’m also not a fan of people making wildcats to tack their names on to for the sake of it. I’ve designed one, and it’s just named *caliber* and *case length*. Not giving away what it is, but as an example it’s similar in name to how the English did it - .577 3” etc.
To the point, makes sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SammyOscarMike

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.