Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
Saskatchewan Wildlife Federation, Saskatoon Gun Dog Club
Hunted
Canada, USA, Germany, South Africa, Namibia
In keeping with the 9.3MM bullet diameters heritage, may I suggest the 9,3 Kugelschlag. I think it has a nice ring to it.

Hogpatrol

Silver supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA ,SCCFSA, Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club
Hunted
RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX, ME
9.3 Raptor, .366 Nutcracker, .366 BallBuster, .366 Crunchmaster, .366 StoneCrusher, 9.3 PLR (precision long range) or Player for short as in "it's a 9.3 Player" and last but not least, 9.3 CinderBlock. Why? Well, at 100 yards it can plow through ten cinder blocks. YMMV:p:D

1dirthawker

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
nicholas,

ironically, i am also making a 9.3 wildcat. i am starting with a 9.3x74r case, kind of ackley improving it. slightly shorter neck, sharper shoulder moved forward with less body taper. i don't know what it will end up doing, am hoping for 200+ fps.

i am going to put it in a valmet 412/512. the rifle has adjustable regulation. so, my hope is that i will end up with a rifle that will give me 2500+ fps with 286 gr bullet. also, one that will regulated to a workable grouping.

mine will be a 9.3 x 74r improved. i looked for someone to have done this already (i wanted to rent their reamer) with no luck. soooo......i ordered one a couple weeks ago. then a set of custom dies, etc.

i did a simple calculation with the dimensions i had and it said there was a 14% increase in case capacity.

my thought is, there are lots of 9.3x74s out there, might be a couple guys that want more. my intention is to use an o/u rifle platform and one that is adjustable. might be a dud, but will not have destroyed a $10,000 rifle. my guess is it will work, but will see.

good luck on your project!

geoff rath

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, I've worn that one before, and the one where the "h" gets left off too. Don't care what people call me, especially if beers (or whisky) are on offer. (y)(y)(y)
It's a good idea, the 9.3Wrathful, yes? Given what a 9.3 based on the 338 Norma would produce, it's pretty apt. By my calculations, the Woodleigh 320 grainers would exit the muzzle around the 2900 mark, compared to 2700 for the 9.3X64 ....

geoff rath

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
The big thing to remember about Wildcat cartridges is by the time you think of it it's already been done, but don't ever let that stop you. I shoot about 8 wildcats at the moment, they are fun to play with. My next will be a 416 on a WSM case or a RUM case. I've already made up dummy cases for both of these rounds. Have fun playing around, and welcome to the wildcat club.
Wildcatting; a sickness, like wanting to hunt Africa ... again, and again, and ...

Pheroze

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Canada, USA
366 G-Spot......Quite a bang. And, if it doesn't excite you, you ain't doing it right?

CTDolan

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
When it comes to naming cartridges, I’m more of a traditionalist. Some of the new ones, like the 577 T-Rex and 600 Overkill are, to me, a bit ridiculous (that neither will ever see the light of day as a standard offering is, perhaps, a mild consolation).

My recommendation is to utilize the parent case in the naming scheme (unless it’s a belted magnum because H&H basic brass is the parent case for nearly everything). Then, tack your name on at the end (after all, she’s your baby).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBuff7459

Latest profile posts

DGGardner wrote on Rare Breed's profile.
I'm sure I am a day late and a dollar short but if the deal on the .416 falls through let me know and I will buy it.
Pondoro wrote on Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS's profile.
Hello...could you please pm me regarding what species available on this fly-camp offer....can cape buffalo be taken for instance..? Trophy prices..?
matt vejar wrote on kevin masters's profile.
Kevin,
Played rookie league for the Yankees in Paintsville after winning the College World Series at Fullerton State, in1979. All I could think about was the movie “Deliverance”- lived up in a hollow with some other players. Refused to go on a moonshine run because it was a dry county-no way. Met some of the nicest people on the planet there! Van Lear the home of Loretta Lynn was highlight of summer LOL.
Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...