My Trophy Room - Not much to look at... yet

Maine bears have been harvested! Lil is home at school and I'm still in Maine tagging along with a couple buddies while they hunt their bears. I'll be home at the end of the week to resume work on the building and write my first hunting report. Here are a couple pics to keep you guys entertained..,

IMG_0844.JPG
IMG_0966.JPG
IMG_0849.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice bear, congrats!

Thanks! Her sow was well above average for a lower 48 black bear and my boar was just a bit bigger. It is a great experience watching your 15 year old daughter face her first bear and keep her cool through the shot. Today is my last day in bear camp and it's been a great trip with one of my best hunting buddies. I'm ready to get home though and start putting some framing on this building...

Have fun .
I certainly have building mine .
I hired a couple of builders to do mine even though Im a builder by trade .
Im just to busy catching fish for a living .
Heres a few photos , can't wait to finally hang some stuff on the walls .
IMG_0291.JPG
IMG_0382.JPG
IMG_0382.JPG
IMG_0391.JPG
IMG_0418.JPG
IMG_0551.JPG
:S Hijack: sorry

Love to see the progress pictures!

No need to apologize! As far as I'm concerned we can roll the two builds into this one thread. That might produce enough updates to keep some interest. I know mine is going to go very slow because I am sawing most of the posts, beams, siding, etc. and then assembling the thing as time and money allows. I'm on an 18 month to two year schedule to be completely moved in!

Love the pictures of the project even the other one keep them coming guys

No need to apologize! As far as I'm concerned we can roll the two builds into this one thread. That might produce enough updates to keep some interest. I know mine is going to go very slow because I am sawing most of the posts, beams, siding, etc. and then assembling the thing as time and money allows. I'm on an 18 month to two year schedule to be completely moved in!
Cheers
Mines been on the go for 8 months now .
But the end is in sight for the trophy room at least .
Had to alter half the bloody house to get the mans room down below .
Wife cant wait to get me and all my toys out of the main house .
Price of Africa hunt ----- Pretty good
Price of trophy room ____ scary !!!!!:A Deal::A Deal::A Deal:

Look forward to this Thread. I have been drawing up a loghome/garage/shop/trophy room/??? to build in a few years so look forward to seeing some new ideas.

I milled some posts and beams this week but no visible progress to the building as of yet. There won't be any this weekend either. I'm taking my son to the Cohutta Wilderness Area on a short pack-in trip to try for his first bear. Hunting season may slow me down more than I thought. Whitetail firearms opens next Saturday...

I milled some posts and beams this week but no visible progress to the building as of yet. There won't be any this weekend either. I'm taking my son to the Cohutta Wilderness Area on a short pack-in trip to try for his first bear. Hunting season may slow me down more than I thought. Whitetail firearms opens next Saturday...
Good to keep your priorities straight.
Hunting first!! Otherwise you won't need the trophy room. Nice looking bears, Congrats

I hope to do this exact thing some day!

View attachment 202927 View attachment 202876 View attachment 202877 View attachment 202878 Finally got started on the trophy room, bar, butcher shop, canning kitchen, tornado shelter, building project...So far, I've invested in 36 yards of concrete, some labor, and a home sawmill. The recent storm Irma and a few severe storms earlier this spring provided lots of trees...18 months to 2 years from now this should be a neat place to swap a hunting or fishing story or two.

What about a wine cellar????

Its all looking good @Whiskey1. Im trying to convince my other half that an extension or two story garage would be a good idea as would add value to the house and give me somewhere to do the stupid things I do.

View attachment 202927 View attachment 202876 View attachment 202877 View attachment 202878 Finally got started on the trophy room, bar, butcher shop, canning kitchen, tornado shelter, building project...So far, I've invested in 36 yards of concrete, some labor, and a home sawmill. The recent storm Irma and a few severe storms earlier this spring provided lots of trees...18 months to 2 years from now this should be a neat place to swap a hunting or fishing story or two.

Whiskey how are you coming along on the new building?

Whiskey how are you coming along on the new building?
Here are some pics of the progress so far. The coldest, wettest, and snowiest Ga winter I can remember has made building pretty slow. I've also learned a lot more about timber frame joinery resulting in slower but much prettier work. The last two weekends have been spent milling more oak, walnut, and hickory for the frame. I'll need about four more days to finish milling the rafters and the freezing weather has my block mason behind as well. It's looking like a busy summer!
IMG_5014.jpeg
IMG_5016.jpeg
IMG_5020.jpeg
IMG_1214.JPG
IMG_1215.JPG
IMG_1216.JPG
IMG_1246.JPG
IMG_1247.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some pics of the progress so far. The coldest, wettest, and snowiest Ga winter I can remember has made building pretty slow. I've also learned a lot more about timber frame joinery resulting in slower but much prettier work. The last two weekends have been spent milling more oak, walnut, and hickory for the frame. I'll need about four more days to finish milling the rafters and the freezing weather has my block mason behind as well. It's looking like a busy summer!View attachment 215624View attachment 215625View attachment 215626View attachment 215627View attachment 215628View attachment 215629View attachment 215630View attachment 215631

Man that’s looking great!

Some nice looking progress there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg