My next "if I had the money" rifle purchase...

A 7 mag barrel for my R8 and a swaro Z6. That is first in line. (Why? Because I have a lot of 7 mag ammo.

2nd in line is a reasonably priced O/U shotgun for my now 15 year old son. We need more bird hunting in our lives.

3rd would be another O/U shotgun to use as a loaner for friends who also need more bird hunting.

I would have a traditional style Winchester Model 94 in 444 Marlin or 450 Marlin with a peep site. Not totally practical but it a cool update on an American classic.

You guys all remind me of that old saw...."I am just one gun away from being happy".

Ok....me too!

Heym Martini Express in 404J (with the nicest wood you've ever seen).

:)
This is BS. Because you already had that opportunity when I sold mine. And according to @Bullthrower338 , you have PLENTY of money. ;)

A R8 Blaser with four, maybe five, maybe six, maybe seven... barrels. (This one will happen)
I’d love a Heym double in .450/.400 with the ghost ring sight. (This one is a dream)
Badboymelvin: I used a Ruger Alaskan in .416 on the buff in my avatar.

@Opposite Pole
I'm with you on the Blaser K95.
But I'd opt for the Krieghoff Hubertus with ejector.

The Fanzoj is amazing and a true work of art.

I visited Krieghoff factory to order my DR and had the opportunity to handle several Hubertus rifles ranging from the most basic to somewhat fancy.

It is a quality firearm, built as well as one could want, and it’s nice to look at. I love that it has a quarter rib sight. But, in my opinion, there are better (more modern) guns out there. Hubertus is a traditional break action gun and this has disadvantages, among others a requirement for steel receiver for more potent rounds. To me, the beauty of single shot rifles lies within their light weight and easy handling. Most currently made European break action single shot rifles are based on locking block system rather than normal break action. This means that the rifle can be made very light yet extremely strong because the block locks directly into the barrel and the action/receiver does not take the strain of the shot. It also allows the rifle to be more accurate as it will never get off face. Blaser K95, Fanzoj KB-1, Merkel K5, K4, K3 and, for the more budget conscious amongst us, Haenel Jaeger 9 - all locking block design. On the looks alone I’d take the Hubertus but I’m fairly sure K95 will be the one that I will eventually hunt with

@Red Leg , I was thinking about buying you this for your birthday. But since you're so picky and want a 375 Flanged, I guess I'll buy it for myself.

A Heym Martini Express 404 J that has been put on a diet, to come in around 8 lbs 8oz
A 4 inch grinder will make that happen in nothing flat!

A Heym Martini Express 404 J that has been put on a diet, to come in around 8 lbs 8oz.
You would just sell it three months after you got it.

I would very much like to have a John Rigby in of course 416 Rigby with very high graded wood.
I might have to go back to work for that.

Westley Richards drop lock in .303 British, 26” barrels, splinter forend, Prince of Wales grip, 2.5” drop at heel, slight cast off for right hand shooter, traditional British style cheek piece (best grade English walnut of course).
Complete with spare shotgun barrels in 28 gauge, also 26” and splinter forend.
Right side shot barrel true cylinder, left side shot barrel full choke.

Oh yeah, and I’d also like to have a pet frog with wings.

Westley Richards drop lock in .303 British, 26” barrels, splinter forend, Prince of Wales grip, 2.5” drop at heel, slight cast off for right hand shooter, traditional British style cheek piece (best grade English walnut of course).
Complete with spare shotgun barrels in 28 gauge, also 26” and splinter forend.
Right side shot barrel true cylinder, left side shot barrel full choke.

Oh yeah, and I’d also like to have a pet frog with wings.
You have clearly thought about this....

I did it. Krieghoff Hubertus kipplauf. .30R Blaser, with a slim, rail mount Swarovski 3-10x42 Habicht, # 4 reticle. Slim and stylish, powerful but manageable, and correct weight for the cartridge. I have not taken it hunting yet, but I checked on it this morning and it seems eager to start!

With all this talk of double rifles, I’m starting to get a taste for them too:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 11.29.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 11.29.43 AM.png
    558.6 KB · Views: 65
  • Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 11.29.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 11.29.44 AM.png
    372.2 KB · Views: 72

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdrieneRun

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois