My next "if I had the money" rifle purchase...

Restock and change the sights on my 500 Jeff.

Buy new:
Heym or Antonio Zoli(the only one I think that can make what I want.....

Double 450/400 NE with extra set of shot gun barrels 12ga
Double 9.3x74R with extra set of barrels in 7x65R

Tarbe mentioned "I am just one gun away from being happy".

Actually, I am just one gun past being happy (have one DR to many) , but I will manage somehow.

Actual truth- I have no need or "wants" for another rifle, shotgun, or hand gun. I have become proficient with all my present guns and have No time to shoot the ones that I have now. What I need and want is more time to hunt with the ones that I have. We are winding down my company and hope that frees up some useable time before year end.
That is my outlook. In fact, I'm considering thinning my herd.

Double 450/400 NE with extra set of shot gun barrels 12ga
Double 9.3x74R with extra set of barrels in 7x65R
I thought about an extra set of barrels for my 9.3x74R when I ordered it from Heym. Unfortunately that meant I would not have been able to have it in time for my hunt in August. So, decided against it.

I almost went with @WAB on this one .........

But today at least, it would be a newly commissioned Westley Richards Droplock in .375 flanged magnum, regulated at 120 meters for the 270 gr Swift A Frame. :E Day Dreaming:
I'm with you Red Leg....but make mine a 450/400 3".

In no particular order,

Lee-Speed .303
1874 Sharps .45-110
Dan'l Fraser falling block .450 or .470
Uberti Winchester 1866 .44 WCF
Uberti Colt Burgess .44 WCF
Uberti Remington 1875 .44 WCF
Uberti Schofield .44 WCF
Webley WG

I'm on a little bit of an Old West kick at the moment, haha.

One of each kind ever made, if I didn’t have that much money then a Blaser R8 system setup with all options and drilling of some kind.

Well, I'm having a 404J built now.

I have my eye on the Uberti Courteney Stalking Rifle. I've also been wanting a SxS 16ga hammer gun.

My probably never going to happen gun would have to be a British double in 500 Nitro.

Tikka T3 or Browning XBolt. Both are excellent out of the box performers.

I would love a 284 Win on a Pre 64 M70 Winchester with a 26” barrel.
Either factory original or custom rifle that looks like it came out of the factory.

This will probably be my last bolt action rifle.

I am happy to say that i have completed my rifle battery.
I am at full nirvana in that deoartment.

However, pistol departemnt in my gun locker might need some upgrades.

I’d really like either :
* An early model BRNO ZKK602 ( .375 Holland & Holland Magnum ) with the folding diopter
* A Granite Mountain Arms Magnum Mauser action Reto Buehller custom ( .505 Gibbs )
* A Winchester Model 21 Duck ( 12 Gauge 3 “ Magnum )

I would buy a Holland & Holland sidelock double rifle chambered for the .303. Then have it regulated for the glorious 215gr load. This dream would be within my range, albeit with some substantial sacrifices. if I hadn't been bitten by the safari bug. So I'll instead take my nice classic prewar British single shots on safari and get a few more trophies for what I would pay for said (awesome) rifle.

I am leaning towards a Mauser 98 guild gun as my next purchase. I have always admired them and as I have no 7mm rifles I will search for one in that caliber built pre 1940.

I would love a 284 Win on a Pre 64 M70 Winchester with a 26” barrel.
Either factory original or custom rifle that looks like it came out of the factory.

This will probably be my last bolt action rifle.
We have an original pre 64 in .284, but its a re barrel, that cal was not offered in the pre 64. Ours is a 22" Douglas job, that my dad had made many years ago and hunted much with it. Its now my sons rifle and he has taken it to Africa twice and done well with it.
Our load is the 140 Barnes Triple Shock over a good charge of W-760 powder for just over 3000 fps. Hits hard. One frontal chest shot, all thats needed.
IMG_0496.JPG

I would like to find a left handed .223 mini-Mauser action and have it built into a 6x45 in the classic English style with steel butt plate and open sights etc. and top it with a 1.5-5 leupold. Load it with 100 gr game kings and hunt small game like impala, blesbuck and warthogs in the bushveld.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross