Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
SCI Brush Country Chapter
Hunted
Kalahari; Limpopo, South Africa; Omay, Zimbabwe; Czech Republic; Mexico; Texas; New Mexico; Colorado
4E929A3E-3761-438B-B299-34FD3E685E6C.jpeg
616937E7-E8C0-4B55-85A8-4577EC5B139F.jpeg

I was happy with a few improvements over my last but since need to work on a few things. If all goes well maybe I can have one as a door prize at the AH DSC dinner. I know I can have an AH special visor give away:LOL:

I want to see the model in real life. :)

Looks great! And I like the door prize idea!

Very nice!!!! (y)(y)

Do you carve a mold and do the metal with yourself? This thing looks great!

Do you carve a mold and do the metal with yourself? This thing looks great!

I create an armature with different materials- wire, foam etc, then use sculpting clay over the armature to create the detail. A silicone/fiberglass mold is made of the sculpture which next produces a wax of the piece. You can make additional slight modifications in the wax but mostly I try to get the piece looking back as good as the clay. The wax piece is next coated with a slurry mixture of basically sand/plaster and the molten bronze is poured in, melting the wax and leaving the bronze. I have a foundry do the metal work for me.

Thanks for commenting :)

How much time time did you spend on it?

My part- probably 15 hrs on this one. Not sure how many hrs the foundry has in making mold, pouring wax, slurry coating and metal work. I'm sure more than the 15 hrs I put in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohitgupta

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
Africas leading outdoor and hunting filming company!
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg