Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
SCI Brush Country Chapter
Hunted
Kalahari; Limpopo, South Africa; Omay, Zimbabwe; Czech Republic; Mexico; Texas; New Mexico; Colorado
4E929A3E-3761-438B-B299-34FD3E685E6C.jpeg
616937E7-E8C0-4B55-85A8-4577EC5B139F.jpeg

I was happy with a few improvements over my last but since need to work on a few things. If all goes well maybe I can have one as a door prize at the AH DSC dinner. I know I can have an AH special visor give away:LOL:

I want to see the model in real life. :)

Looks great! And I like the door prize idea!

Very nice!!!! (y)(y)

Do you carve a mold and do the metal with yourself? This thing looks great!

Do you carve a mold and do the metal with yourself? This thing looks great!

I create an armature with different materials- wire, foam etc, then use sculpting clay over the armature to create the detail. A silicone/fiberglass mold is made of the sculpture which next produces a wax of the piece. You can make additional slight modifications in the wax but mostly I try to get the piece looking back as good as the clay. The wax piece is next coated with a slurry mixture of basically sand/plaster and the molten bronze is poured in, melting the wax and leaving the bronze. I have a foundry do the metal work for me.

Thanks for commenting :)

How much time time did you spend on it?

My part- probably 15 hrs on this one. Not sure how many hrs the foundry has in making mold, pouring wax, slurry coating and metal work. I'm sure more than the 15 hrs I put in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kermitbates

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross