AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
@sandman0921 did you select the wood for the stock yourself ? I think it is just beautiful. The work on this rifle is top notch.

sierraone

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Dallas Safari Club, Safari Club Int.
Hunted
USA, RSA, Northwest and Limpopo Provinces

Steve Steyr

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Wow, that is one beautiful smoke wagon in a great caliber. It deserves to be treated to an African safari with you as chaperon.

sandman0921

Gold supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI (Life), RMEF (Life), DU, NWTF, NRA (Patron Life), GOA, DSC (Life), WSF (Life), B&C Club (Sponsor Associate Member), USSA (Associate Member)
Hunted
USA (GA, TN, AR, TX, FL, UT, NM, WY, MT, AK, IL, MO, IA); Canada (NWT, BC); Africa (Tanzania)
@sandman0921 did you select the wood for the stock yourself ?

@CAustin,

I did not personally select it, but Wayne sent me pics after I told him what I wanted. May basic criteria was a lot of figure, and a darker piece of English Walnut versus some of the lighter colored varieties of English you sometimes see. I've talked with Wayne enough. as well as own a few of his rifles now, to know that he has good taste when it comes to wood.......

sandman0921

Gold supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI (Life), RMEF (Life), DU, NWTF, NRA (Patron Life), GOA, DSC (Life), WSF (Life), B&C Club (Sponsor Associate Member), USSA (Associate Member)
Hunted
USA (GA, TN, AR, TX, FL, UT, NM, WY, MT, AK, IL, MO, IA); Canada (NWT, BC); Africa (Tanzania)

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.takerireservezambia.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england

sandman0921

Gold supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
Hunted
Also, My obsessive-compulsive nature is getting the best of me, I wonder if it is possible for one of the moderators to change the title to read:

My new 9.3x62 (Mauser) built by Wayne Jacobson at AHR

sierraone

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Dallas Safari Club, Safari Club Int.
Hunted
USA, RSA, Northwest and Limpopo Provinces
is that going to the gun shop or when you finally get a proper decent calibre such as this?........:A Stirring::E Big Grin:
Still will be looking for a box lock 12 or 20! The .404 I just bought is pretty decent!!!

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
Also, My obsessive-compulsive nature is getting the best of me, I wonder if it is possible for one of the moderators to change the title to read:

@BRICKBURN your help is required

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted

:E Rofl:was bugging me as well.........:E Big Grin:

sandman0921

Gold supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
Hunted
It deserves to be treated to an African safari with you as chaperon.

That's the plan. I just returned from a Moose and Caribou hunt in the Northwest Territories (for which I plan on writing a full hunt report soon), and currently have a Stone's sheep hunt booked in BC next August. God-Willing, I plan on my first African safari in 2018......

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted

sandman0921

Gold supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
Hunted
where is it going on holiday in africa ?

That I'm not quiet sure about. Probably Zimbabwe......although it's not set in stone......In the near future, I'm sure I will be looking for advice from fellow AH members regarding hunting in Africa....

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
That I'm not quiet sure about. Probably Zimbabwe......although it's not set in stone......In the near future, I'm sure I will be looking for advice from fellow AH members regarding hunting in Africa....

ok plenty good people to hunt zim with, but dont forget us ones a little bit further north . they even have maps for it now......;)

sandman0921

Gold supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
Hunted
but dont forget us ones a little bit further north . they even have maps for it now......;)

Oh I am well aware of Zambia. As I told you before, I was there almost 20 years ago (non-hunting trip), and have a desire to definitely come back....

The good news is that once I start going to Africa, I plan on making several trips to Africa for various hunts over the next 5-7 years, God willing....I just have to get this "mountain hunting" bug out of my system first, which I think this latest moose hunting trip to the NWT of Canada has almost done. It was a wonderful hunt, but a lot more climbing (through those damn, infernal hummocks) than I anticipated a moose hunt to involve......I didn't realize some moose thought they were 1500 lb sheep.....o_O

Anyway, after a BC Stone's sheep hunt next year, I'll be looking for a change of pace, and a 10-14 day African safari should fit that bill very nicely. I suspect Zambia will be one of those countries I make a visit to over the next few years when I get bit by the African hunting bug.....

AZDAVE

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa, Alaska,lower 48
Nicely done. like the stock work and the attention to detail on the metal work. Hope it shoots as good and as it looks. One of my favorite calibers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiaraValen

Latest profile posts

pam308 wrote on TOBY458's profile.
Just saw your listing for a winchester 70 458. Is it still for sale? I want it!!! pam308
flatwater bill wrote on john stroud's profile.
Leopard Legend....................Hi John.............I see that you have not visited AH in awhile. Hope all is well. I am looking for a hunt in Namibia..............would like to ask a few questions about your hunt.............all the best..............................Bill
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?