My new 9.3x62 (Mauser) built by Wayne Jacobson at AHR

@sandman0921 did you select the wood for the stock yourself ? I think it is just beautiful. The work on this rifle is top notch.

Wow, that is one beautiful smoke wagon in a great caliber. It deserves to be treated to an African safari with you as chaperon.

@sandman0921 did you select the wood for the stock yourself ?

@CAustin,

I did not personally select it, but Wayne sent me pics after I told him what I wanted. May basic criteria was a lot of figure, and a darker piece of English Walnut versus some of the lighter colored varieties of English you sometimes see. I've talked with Wayne enough. as well as own a few of his rifles now, to know that he has good taste when it comes to wood.......

Also, My obsessive-compulsive nature is getting the best of me, I wonder if it is possible for one of the moderators to change the title to read:

is that going to the gun shop or when you finally get a proper decent calibre such as this?........:A Stirring::E Big Grin:
Still will be looking for a box lock 12 or 20! The .404 I just bought is pretty decent!!!

Also, My obsessive-compulsive nature is getting the best of me, I wonder if it is possible for one of the moderators to change the title to read:

@BRICKBURN your help is required

:E Rofl:was bugging me as well.........:E Big Grin:

It deserves to be treated to an African safari with you as chaperon.

That's the plan. I just returned from a Moose and Caribou hunt in the Northwest Territories (for which I plan on writing a full hunt report soon), and currently have a Stone's sheep hunt booked in BC next August. God-Willing, I plan on my first African safari in 2018......

where is it going on holiday in africa ?

That I'm not quiet sure about. Probably Zimbabwe......although it's not set in stone......In the near future, I'm sure I will be looking for advice from fellow AH members regarding hunting in Africa....

That I'm not quiet sure about. Probably Zimbabwe......although it's not set in stone......In the near future, I'm sure I will be looking for advice from fellow AH members regarding hunting in Africa....

ok plenty good people to hunt zim with, but dont forget us ones a little bit further north . they even have maps for it now......;)

but dont forget us ones a little bit further north . they even have maps for it now......;)

Oh I am well aware of Zambia. As I told you before, I was there almost 20 years ago (non-hunting trip), and have a desire to definitely come back....

The good news is that once I start going to Africa, I plan on making several trips to Africa for various hunts over the next 5-7 years, God willing....I just have to get this "mountain hunting" bug out of my system first, which I think this latest moose hunting trip to the NWT of Canada has almost done. It was a wonderful hunt, but a lot more climbing (through those damn, infernal hummocks) than I anticipated a moose hunt to involve......I didn't realize some moose thought they were 1500 lb sheep.....o_O

Anyway, after a BC Stone's sheep hunt next year, I'll be looking for a change of pace, and a 10-14 day African safari should fit that bill very nicely. I suspect Zambia will be one of those countries I make a visit to over the next few years when I get bit by the African hunting bug.....

Nicely done. like the stock work and the attention to detail on the metal work. Hope it shoots as good and as it looks. One of my favorite calibers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg