My little space

I understand your frustration. The upstairs of my house became my trophy room and wall space has become a premium. That's why I started doing more pedestal mounts. I actually took a tahr I shot many years ago that was a full mount wall mount and had it redone to a floor pedestal mount. I'm one of those guys at least for now that's wants whatever I shoot mounted. And that may change one day. I give a lot of thought before a hunt on what and how many trophies I'd like to possibly shoot. Hey you can always add an extension :whistle:.

IMG_0830.JPG
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Enlarging is a very expensive option since it really is a "man cave" in my basement. The only expansion option is to eliminate my reloading/gun safe space. Tough option to do until I decide to stop reloading.
Right now the multi-mount pedestal option seems best.
I'll have to see how successful my September hunt is with PawPrints. Judging from everyone else's hunts with them this year, maybe I need to order up a container to put in the yard!:rolleyes:
 
I hear ya. Multi pedestals are a great space saver. If I'm successful when I leave next week I'll have 7 more. Geez.
 
I hear ya. Multi pedestals are a great space saver. If I'm successful when I leave next week I'll have 7 more. Geez.
Man the way you're going, you'd better order up 2 containers!:ROFLMAO:
 
Enlarging is a very expensive option since it really is a "man cave" in my basement. The only expansion option is to eliminate my reloading/gun safe space. Tough option to do until I decide to stop reloading.
Right now the multi-mount pedestal option seems best.
I'll have to see how successful my September hunt is with PawPrints. Judging from everyone else's hunts with them this year, maybe I need to order up a container to put in the yard!:rolleyes:
Surely there are more rooms in your house? Expand within;)
 
Enlarging is a very expensive option since it really is a "man cave" in my basement. The only expansion option is to eliminate my reloading/gun safe space. Tough option to do until I decide to stop reloading.
Right now the multi-mount pedestal option seems best.
I'll have to see how successful my September hunt is with PawPrints. Judging from everyone else's hunts with them this year, maybe I need to order up a container to put in the yard!:rolleyes:
My amateur opinion is that your opportunities at Paw Prints are only restricted by your bank account! Might need to keep the container company phone number on your Rolodex... "old school"!
 
I was close to running out of room and would probably have had to change my ways until my daughter announced she was moving out. You see her room was in the basement adjacent to my trophy room and after a wall being knocked out and the expansion complete, i have prolonged any hard decisions. The first time my daughter came home and went to her old room downstairs all i heard from the basement was "really dad":)
 
The first time my daughter came home and went to her old room downstairs all i heard from the basement was "really dad":)

Too funny!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::D
 
I think the multi mount pedestals are a neat option. Another product I saw recently is the "trophy tree" by skullhooker. It allows up to either five or six skull mounts to be hung from a central post (think a tall lamp in the corner sort of post) that lets you rotate them in various directions to your liking. For about 180.00 it could be a really nice option to save wall space and still allow skulls to be displayed.
 
I live in an apartment in the city, so no man cave, the whole apartment is my man cave, 40 euro mounts, everywhere, except bedrooms, bathrooms and kitchen.

My wife loves it, so no problems here.
 
Lucky guy Nyati!
 
Well, not sure where I can put my next trip? Cape buff will have to be a Euro mount just to get it in the room. Had to hang my black bear over a chair to make room for the zebra. Where do you guys find the space? I might need to rent a warehouse to turn into my "Man Cave"!:(

View attachment 199193

Very impressive. Takeover over a bedroom and see how impressed your wife is![emoji15]
 
Dr Ray, you're trying to get me in trouble! Just kidding!
Once I get back from this trip, I'll see how much more space I need.
 
Very impressive. Takeover over a bedroom and see how impressed your wife is![emoji15]

Did you get the tahr in New Zealand ? Looks incredible.
 
Dr Ray, that tahr is Johnnyblues'.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Ridgewalker
Enjoy your "man cave" where you cherish your memories...and plan the next opportunity to create new ones.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,303
Messages
1,572,177
Members
169,505
Latest member
CharliL771
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top