My first double rifle

Congrats. By the way, that’s not a PH model which is their lowest grade, but still a steal at €6000. You have a “normal grade” heym 88b with nice border engraving.

You stole it.
I thought that the difference between the nirmal and the Professional hunter is that the latter has ejectors and some tell-tales to know if the rifle is loaded or fired.
And this one has both.

IMG_20220215_203233.jpg
IMG_20220215_203315.jpg
IMG_20220215_204110.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
homeless.... Excellent rifle and an unbelievable price!

Here is a 4 barrel set(500, .470. 375H&H + 20ga shotgun) that is listed at $34,500 USD


This rifle may have a scope and other accessories that your rifle doesn't, but I think it shows just how great of a deal you made on the purchase.

Congratulations
Oh my goodness
 
I thought that the difference between the nirmal and the Professional hunter is that the latter has ejectors and some tell-tales to know if the rifle is loaded or fired.
And this one has both.
And the safety it isn't automatic....

I'm sure that this is a PH
 
Last edited:
The PH model had pedestrian grade wood and zero engraving if I recall correctly.

Yours has ejectors, “civilian wood” that is better, and border engraving. It’s a higher grade model you possess.

None of them I have ever seen has an automatic resetting safety, a dangerous and time delaying feature one would not want on a dangerous game rifle.

I’ve never seen a heym 88 that did not have cocking indicators. Yours has them as well. I don’t think that is indicative of anything.
 
This is their 'stage 2' engraving. And it has the side plates. Agreed, this is a higher grade overall, quite a special gun.

I don’t think it has side plates though, although it looks on the last pic that it does (just wood reflecting the light I think) but indeed it is not the PH model, it is a higher grade.
 
All you need to do is have the plate under the grip engraved with your initials and you are set to come and hunt a buff!!!
 
All you need to do is have the plate under the grip engraved with your initials and you are set to come and hunt a buff!!!
Last year i hunted my first bufalo....

This year this double rifle.....

In this moment i have two coins...... one used cleanex....... Wait....... Yes, one botton in my pocket......
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Great rifle, fantastic deal, congrats !
 
Good morning and thank you all.

I have sent an email to Heym with the reference number of the rifle so that they can tell me what ammunition it is made with and set to 0 and the exact model it is.
Giving the reference number, would someone know what year it was manufactured?

Thanks a lot
 
If someone needs I have all the exploded view and detailed information of the 80B// 88 B/BSS// 88 PH/B "safari" models in PDF to be able to send them by email

IMG_20220217_112136.jpg
IMG_20220217_112144.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@homeless I’m jealous you got your build sheet from heym. I begged for mine to the US importer so I could find regulated load information and the importer said Heym doesn’t keep records from 1999.

At any rate, I hope yours regulates easily. Mine did not. It would not hit the broadside of a barn with factory loads. Ken Owen developed two loads for my heym .470 that are effectively perfect regulation at 50 yards, bullets exactly as far apart as the width of the space between the ribs.

Some .470s from this era of Heym were loaded with extinct Wolfgang Romey ammo. Others with Federal. Others with Kynoch, and I suspect a few with Norma. Yours is the first I’ve seen regulated with A-Square ammo.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,276
Messages
1,571,400
Members
169,350
Latest member
luck8gamess
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top