My first Buffalo Hunt : Any good Advices ???

Good Luck Jose, that is a beautiful rifle.

Thanks Enysse; I love these old rifles.... i hope it will performance well in the hunt. This rifle was bought in an auction in London, and it was not as beautifull as is now, after the restoration process suffered during last year.

I tested it in Europe, during last weeks... and it is shooting straight and grouping well with almost all the loads and bullets tested.

Jose, Where did you restore the rifle? in Spain?

"Always use enouth gun"

Jose

All good advise on here. :)

The thing to remember is you have to pick a spot to shoot at on M'bogo and then you have to make a good shot. :dancing:

Your rifle is set up to shoot how high at 50 yards with the open sights?

Next is what is your outer limit where you can make a solid hit consistently.

As they say get close and then get closer before you shoot.

And then the is the "Always use enough Gun".

Jose, Where did you restore the rifle? in Spain?

Yes i restored it in Spain
The old woodstock was cracked... and i had no confidence with a big caliber like this one... so i bought a really beautifull turkish walnut blank (wood piede), and send it to the woodstock maker.
I also send the iron parts to the gunsmisth, and make all the adjustment, new bolts, and reblued with the "old traditional way"
The reulsts are amazing.... now is again a really beautifull rifle.

Jose,

That is a fine looking rifle. I hope to see it with you in a picture leaned up against a nice dugga boy.

nd

Yes i restored it in Spain
The old woodstock was cracked... and i had no confidence with a big caliber like this one... so i bought a really beautifull turkish walnut blank (wood piede), and send it to the woodstock maker.
I also send the iron parts to the gunsmisth, and make all the adjustment, new bolts, and reblued with the "old traditional way"
The reulsts are amazing.... now is again a really beautifull rifle.

No, is not Godoy. I have excelent relationship with "Armas Parkemy" in Eibar; they do all my resstorations works, and they are really efficient.

I have some advice:

Take lots of pictures and be sure to post your experience here when you get back. We'll all be anxious to hear your report.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois