My DSC notes from today

cash_tx

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
I've only been to the DSC convention one time before, and that was about 10 years ago; but here are my notes from walking the exhibit floor for most of the day:

1. I didn't know how much I needed a pair of Courtney Nduna's in my life, but those just might be the most comfortable thing I've ever put on my feet.
2. I saw the tallest hunting blind I've ever seen in my life; and the 12x12 palace at the top (complete with air conditioning and mini-fridge) was a very nice touch. Still not sure what kind of pickup you use to pull it to the lease. ;-)
3. After drooling through most of the firearms section of the exhibit floor, the rifles in my safe are now looking at me like I just cheated on them.
4. In full disclosure, I've never been on a safari or guided hunting trip yet; but there seems to be an endless amount of adventures that one can choose for themselves. I had no idea the variety of trips and game that there are to choose from. Wonderful!

If you get the chance to make it to downtown Dallas this weekend, I highly recommend it! :)

What a great summary! Couldn’t have written a better one and I’ve been to DSC multiple times. Go home and take your rifles to the range to make amends! I decided to skip Dallas and attend the SCI in Nashville. I’ll post my impressions in Feb.

Great day today. And yes, that “deer stand” looks more like a Berlin flak tower from WWII than anything else I could think of. Must take a lowboy to move it.

As always, meeting up with old friends was the best part of the day (though one of those old friends and I did confirm for May of next year in Spain.)

I've only been to the DSC convention one time before, and that was about 10 years ago; but here are my notes from walking the exhibit floor for most of the day:

1. I didn't know how much I needed a pair of Courtney Nduna's in my life, but those just might be the most comfortable thing I've ever put on my feet.
2. I saw the tallest hunting blind I've ever seen in my life; and the 12x12 palace at the top (complete with air conditioning and mini-fridge) was a very nice touch. Still not sure what kind of pickup you use to pull it to the lease. ;-)
3. After drooling through most of the firearms section of the exhibit floor, the rifles in my safe are now looking at me like I just cheated on them.
4. In full disclosure, I've never been on a safari or guided hunting trip yet; but there seems to be an endless amount of adventures that one can choose for themselves. I had no idea the variety of trips and game that there are to choose from. Wonderful!

If you get the chance to make it to downtown Dallas this weekend, I highly recommend it! :)
More or less what I felt last year, having gone for the first time. Especially about the rifles. Just bought a house this year, so I could not make it again.

Ohh, I am so jealous!! Last year was my first time going there and I met so many amazing people. I also saw the gigunda blind you are talking about. So crazy! Have a wonderful time. Hopefully you will find an African hunt for you to test the waters. Be careful though. You will want to keep going again and again and become a safari addict like many of us.

I had shoulder surgery Tuesday. That "party" knocked DSC Convention in the head. I always love attending this convention. Always a great gathering of sportsmen and Dallas is such a fun city.

Hope to make it to the Awards Banquet which is normally held in April.

For those going, enjoy and be safe !!

I am envious to American friends.
We will never have in Europe, safari events of such scale and grandeur.
Well done.

I’m headed there today, and this post confirms my excitement!! Good luck on booking that first Africa hunt, it’s a special one!

It’s neat to get your perspective. We are all kids in a candy store here!

Well done.
Mark, it sounds like you should take a trip to America and attend a couple of the events here. You will be in 7th heaven. I know my husband drools all week long! I tell him to just stay away from the double rifles ..."Do NOT pick one up!" Of course, he doesn't listen. LOL. And the taxidermy alone is amazing. One year there was a huge display with I think wildebeest crossing a river full of crocs. Another time a huge display full of an entire pride of lions on the ground and in trees. Even cubs. (They weren't killed for the process. They died naturally.) Anyway, I hope you make it some day.

For those of you with a lease or some acreage, the WWII Berlin Flak Tower inspired deer stand may be perfect!

83146F36-4BE2-4D4D-889F-5377BAC2888A.jpeg

Glad your all having fun. Im missing you all and the DSC dearly but I did go waterfowling today and bagged a nice pink foot goose
1673039028128.png

For those of you with a lease or some acreage, the WWII Berlin Flak Tower inspired deer stand may be perfect!

View attachment 509683
Thanks for sharing this photo and hopefully many others for those of us that couldn't make it to DSC this year. That's quite the "deer stand".

I was one click away from booking a flight down, but ended up holding back and saved the cash. I really wanted to meet my ph and a few others , but I suppose that can wait till September.

I didn't take a ton of pics, but I'll share what I got. Most of them are of that gargantuan hunting tower (seems more appropriate than calling it a "blind"), but also some neat gun safes, vehicles, and those wonderful Courteney Undunas I found.

20230105_122126.jpg
20230105_124226.jpg
20230105_124310.jpg
20230105_125339.jpg
20230105_132306.jpg
20230105_132320.jpg
20230105_132339.jpg
20230105_132554.jpg
20230105_142406.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't take a ton of pics, but I'll share what I got. Most of them are of that gargantuan hunting tower (seems more appropriate than calling it a "blind"), but also some neat gun safes, vehicles, and those wonderful Courteney Undunas I found.
Thanks so much for sharing!

Well done.
Mark,
If you ever wish to come out you are most welcome to stay at out Texas home, its just over an hour from Dallas but easy to travel to each day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelaHo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob