My Date With Spots

Hope you get him!
 
Don't stress. You'll get your cat. Just don't rush. Relax, aim properly and don't rush. Like any other animal, the most important is shot placement. I shot my leopards with a .308. Always one shot one kill.
 
You can bank on more wild
Thats for sure

I have a little tradition in camp lately and it works nicely if anything to have a good laugh.
So i am not sure if the rest of the world has
Marmite and Bovril
They are both a sandwich spread (not going into more detail than that they taste great)
here is the story

If you want to catch a marlin you must eat Marmite on your toast at breakfast
If you want to Hunt a Buffalo you must eat Bovril on you toast at breakfast
and voila

Now if @Custom could bring home the recipe for Mr spots please i would like to add it to the list

Have a great time
 
Enjoy your hunt. Bagging a cat is the icing on the cake, not the measure of a successful hunt. Looking forward to hunting report and pictures, regardless of the outcome.
 
I have a little tradition in camp lately and it works nicely......

If you want to catch a marlin you must eat Marmite on your toast at breakfast
If you want to Hunt a Buffalo you must eat Bovril on you toast at breakfast
and voila

Have a great time

If you spread both on the same piece of toast, you are 2/3'rds of the way toward an incredible McNab!
 
If you spread both on the same piece of toast, you are 2/3'rds of the way toward an incredible McNab!
I think we are onto something here
all we need to add is an extraordinary feather to complete the whole Macnab

What a day could you imagine
 
Sitting in ATL waiting on flight 200. If I come up with the recipe for spots I'll let you guys know!
 
My journey begins tomorrow! It is hard to believe it is finally here. I have watched all the leopard hunting videos I can get my hands on. Practiced countless hours in my basement, dry-firing at my leopard target, memorizing the location of the vitals. Of course, several boxes of live rounds at the range, too.

I'll be hunting in Zim on the 19th. Pre-baiting starts tomorrow. Here we go!

Where in Zim are you hunting?

upload_2017-5-16_19-41-19.png
 
Wish you the best of luck !
 
Best of Luck,It took me four hunts to bag one. John
 
Sitting in ATL waiting on flight 200. If I come up with the recipe for spots I'll let you guys know!

Try eating some raw liver from a black backed jackal! Seriously, I read that somewhere.
 
Good luck & safe travels
 
Best of luck! Looking forward to the reports.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,448
Messages
1,576,473
Members
170,589
Latest member
Kathrin65T
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top