My Covid vaccination experience

I've heard that people that had covid get more of a reaction. I think your suppose to wait 90 days after you had covid to take the shot. Phil you cut it pretty close.

Yah I mentioned that to the nurse giving me the shot, she said no worries. I think the overall story here is if you had it already, your body is already programmed to respond to it and it happens quicker. Hell if I know, I'm just a dumb engineer.

@whitetail, any truth to that?

Yah I mentioned that to the nurse giving me the shot, she said no worries. I think the overall story here is if you had it already, your body is already programmed to respond to it and it happens quicker. Hell if I know, I'm just a dumb engineer.

@whitetail, any truth to that?

It would seem so:

Got my second dose of Moderna on March 23rd - a week later than scheduled due to blizzard. I got a bad headache and body aches the next day. That’s my typical reaction to vaccinations. Not looking forward to my second shingles shot next week but glad I will be all done with all shots before I leave for Alaska on May 7th and Botswana June 4th.

You have to have the RT-PCR Swab test negative results with you for entry to SA. Regardless of getting the vaccine shots.
I'm getting my second Moderna shot on Thursday, getting my PCR swab on Saturday morning and beginning my trip to SA on Sunday. My PH told me my PCR test needs to be within a 72 hour window of my arrival to SA. I questioned this but have decided to err on the side of caution. Lab is guaranteeing results in 30 minutes.
FYI I got my RT-PCR test this morning, results in 20 minutes.

FYI I got my RT-PCR test this morning, results in 20 minutes.
Wow that’s quick!

I’m scheduled to get a 30 minute result PCR test with Covid Consultants in Denver on June 2nd. They have a new PCR testing device with 30 minute results and a professional conducts the test.

E8601D59-9BFA-44EA-A611-40F35ECA4051.png

Here’s some info if anyone is interested.

What I don't understand is this: Something like a third of the population of the US has been vaccinated, about another third has had the disease and recovered. this leaves a third of the population, mostly children under 18 years of age, who are supposed to be quite resistant. So where are all of the new cases coming from that out Governor (Washington State) uses to justify continuing the restrictions?

According to the news it is all the anti vaxers and Republicans who are not getting the vaccines.

Received 2nd shot of Moderna this morning. Feel very sleepy and very sensitive to light. I felt I need a sunglass inside the home. The rest is so far so good. Will report tomorrow.

24 hrs since i got my second shot of pfizer. Mildly sore at the spot of the shot like any other.
Yes I am 73. Looks ok so far.
Krish

Last edited:
Which news?

I bounce around quite a bit if I am just channel surfing the new channels. I have seen CNN report that along with a few other networks but CNN is the only one that I can remember.

But just as a small sampling in my neighborhood my neighbor is not getting the vaccine and neither is his sister who lives in another town. Then a couple of neighbors away is another one that is refusing to get it. So with a small sampling where I live there are 3 or 4 that I know of that won't get it and 2 of us that did. Just as a FYI those who are not getting it are registered Republicans for what it is worth but then so am I. I also have some friends from out of state who are not going to get it.

What I don't understand is this: Something like a third of the population of the US has been vaccinated, about another third has had the disease and recovered. this leaves a third of the population, mostly children under 18 years of age, who are supposed to be quite resistant. So where are all of the new cases coming from that out Governor (Washington State) uses to justify continuing the restrictions?

None of it makes sense. I believe WI had 719 cases today yet MI is reporting over 7-8000 cases per day.

So someone declines to get the vaccine. Hopefully the decision was made by carefully weighing the risk-benefit information and they decided that for them, the risk outweighed the benefit. that's fine; BUT it shouldn't be the cause of the entire economy, schools and public services being shutdown. they can sit on the sideline if they choose, but we should be able to get into the game.

I agree that those of us who do get the vaccine shouldn't suffer just because there are people out there who refuse it.

When it comes down to it who is going to have problems, those of us that have been vaccinated or those who aren't?

But there are a lot of anti vaxers out there and not just concerning the Covid vaccine. Schools have changed their whole admittance policy to allow children who are not vaccinated against ailments that 100 years ago could wipe out a whole bunch of people. Then there are those who claim that if you get a vaccine that you will turn into a zombie, or that it is a way for the government to track you with the chip that is in the vaccine itself.

There are crazy people all over the place.

A lot of people in this country ate up with the dumb ass and Facebook gave them a pulpit.
I agree that those of us who do get the vaccine shouldn't suffer just because there are people out there who refuse it.

When it comes down to it who is going to have problems, those of us that have been vaccinated or those who aren't?

But there are a lot of anti vaxers out there and not just concerning the Covid vaccine. Schools have changed their whole admittance policy to allow children who are not vaccinated against ailments that 100 years ago could wipe out a whole bunch of people. Then there are those who claim that if you get a vaccine that you will turn into a zombie, or that it is a way for the government to track you with the chip that is in the vaccine itself.

There are crazy people all over the place.

There is historical precedence for the Covid event. Polio was much the same situation. All of a sudden people, even "important" ones such as a president, were being stricken by this disease. Swimming pools were closed as well as other places thought to be "spreaders" of the disease. People lived in fear of touching others. There was no cure as such, just the need to buy time for a persons body to build a defense to it. In the interim, physical therapy was used to try and keep the affected muscles from degenerating.
A study was done as to how the epidemic occurred. It was found that the societal change that had "caused" the epidemic was indoor plumbing. when people used outhouses or chamber pots there was some exposure to the polio germs. A baby would have been exposed to the germs while he/she had the short-term immunity received from the mother. Because of the exposure, the baby would develop it's own immunity which would last a lifetime and if a girl, would be passed on to her children as the short-term immunities. But then indoor plumbing became common and the germs got flushed down the drain. the infant outgrew its mothers immunities and so had no defense when exposed to germs a few years later. this is why polio was much more prevalent in middle and upper income families that with poorer. the solution was a vaccine that mimicked the germs so that the body would build an immunity which ended the epidemic and the fears associated with it. the pools reopened and life became normal.
It seems to me that we are at that point and if there were no other less "for the people" reasons, the government would have taken steps to put Covid in the rearview mirror.

A lot of people in this country ate up with the dumb ass and Facebook gave them a pulpit.
This may very well be the most true thing I've ever read on the internet. :D Beers:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.