Mozambique Elephant?

Doubleplay

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zim, Argentina, Uruguay, Turkey, Ireland, England,Czech Republic, Hungary, Bulgaria, Canada and all over US
I know North American hunters can't export elephants hunted in Mozambique.
Question is are the elephant trophy fees are similar to own use or non exportable animals like in other African countries?

Good question, will follow up this thread.

Hi Ali,

I've send you a mail on this!

Cheers
Dieter

I know North American hunters can't export elephants hunted in Mozambique.
Question is are the elephant trophy fees are similar to own use or non exportable animals like in other African countries?
This is dated but when I was there in 2014 the trophy fees were high for elephant and they were charged by weight after x number of pounds. I’ll see if I can find my old paperwork and be more accurate.

Found it, up to 59 pounds, $27,300 between 59 and 69 pounds $29,300 and above 69 pounds it was $53,000. All of the elephant I saw were in the 40-50 pound class and one old one tusk bull was in the mid 60’s. This was in the delta but I understand there are better places in Mozambique for elephant. But things change.

Very high prices for 2014. Were they exportable then?
If not what's the point of charging by the weight?

Very high prices for 2014. Were they exportable then?
If not what's the point of charging by the weight?
No not importable into the US, they didn’t really market elephant to US hunters, it was geared more towards their European clients. I think they only had 1 or 2 bulls on quota. My mind is a little fuzzy on that though.

No not importable into the US, they didn’t really market elephant to US hunters, it was geared more towards their European clients. I think they only had 1 or 2 bulls on quota. My mind is a little fuzzy on that though.
Interesting. Ivory import to Europe banned in 2021 unless it's pre dated to 1947.
I wonder whom they're targeting now and what are the prices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DallasGold

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani