Mozambique Elephant?

Doubleplay

AH elite
Joined
Jul 23, 2023
Messages
1,284
Reaction score
2,302
Location
NC, USA
Media
3
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zim, Argentina, Uruguay, Turkey, Ireland, England,Czech Republic, Hungary, Bulgaria, Canada and all over US
I know North American hunters can't export elephants hunted in Mozambique.
Question is are the elephant trophy fees are similar to own use or non exportable animals like in other African countries?
 
Good question, will follow up this thread.
 
Hi Ali,

I've send you a mail on this!

Cheers
Dieter
 
I know North American hunters can't export elephants hunted in Mozambique.
Question is are the elephant trophy fees are similar to own use or non exportable animals like in other African countries?
This is dated but when I was there in 2014 the trophy fees were high for elephant and they were charged by weight after x number of pounds. I’ll see if I can find my old paperwork and be more accurate.
 
Found it, up to 59 pounds, $27,300 between 59 and 69 pounds $29,300 and above 69 pounds it was $53,000. All of the elephant I saw were in the 40-50 pound class and one old one tusk bull was in the mid 60’s. This was in the delta but I understand there are better places in Mozambique for elephant. But things change.
 
Very high prices for 2014. Were they exportable then?
If not what's the point of charging by the weight?
 
Very high prices for 2014. Were they exportable then?
If not what's the point of charging by the weight?
No not importable into the US, they didn’t really market elephant to US hunters, it was geared more towards their European clients. I think they only had 1 or 2 bulls on quota. My mind is a little fuzzy on that though.
 
No not importable into the US, they didn’t really market elephant to US hunters, it was geared more towards their European clients. I think they only had 1 or 2 bulls on quota. My mind is a little fuzzy on that though.
Interesting. Ivory import to Europe banned in 2021 unless it's pre dated to 1947.
I wonder whom they're targeting now and what are the prices.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,317
Messages
1,572,762
Members
169,615
Latest member
EnidBennel
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top