Motorcycles

Fun ride , I actually preferred the cheraholla route, a lot less yahoos on crotch rockets
We did the skyway as well and a whole bunch of gravel roads with a friend of ours on a KLR thumper. I know one of the days we ended up in somewhere in north GA for a little bit. Using my copilot as a navigator was a good time. We stayed in a campground for week not to far from the NC side of US129. Had a blast with a bunch of people from Horizons Unlimited. Beautiful backroads down that way.

The worst of it was taking the sidecar...it was a bear to sling around all those turns. I don't regret doing it that way, but it made me appreciate having just two wheels so much more.

463c630f-sports60.jpg

Not much of a rider but I've ridden numerous dirt bikes in the bush and partly for mustering.
I've ridden acouple of Harley's but not wanting one for occasional rides.
My wife has a Yamaha XT250 to replace the TTR250 stolen from my shed. Spewing as it wasn't insured and was in great condition.
Could see myself riding once a month if I had a second bike but really not committed enough

This from 'The Daily Mail'. The caption reads: A Syrian fighter backed by Turkey fires a machine-gun mounted on the back of motorcycle in northern Syria as part of a training exercise. Erdogan said he will root Kurdish 'terrorists' out 'with our tanks and soldiers', signaling his intent of a new operation in northern Syria.

64836113-11458991-image-a-4_1669153631409.jpg

YAY...A MOTORCYLE THREAD! I've owned numerous bikes through the years from an old Bultaco to a 2019 Yamaha WR250R. I've had cruisers, sport bikes, but with my age have settled on the 250 enduro class. At 47 years of age, I've been trying to limit the number of times I go over the handlebars in a year. It's been a great hunting companion on more than one trip!
FB_IMG_1569619816207.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, surprised so many of us have motorcycles in common! I started riding off-road at 9 years-old and ended up with a motocross support ride with American Honda. There were years in my life that I rode nearly every day, no matter the weather. I put sheet metal screws in each tire knobby in the winter! I got to know an orthopedic surgeon on a first name basis. Lol! Actually having surgery at the well-known Steadman Clinic in Vail in December to straighten my tibia and foot that’s still turned 16 degrees after breaking tibia in two places and fibula in one place with double compound fractures when in my 20s. Back then, titanium wasn’t available and the surgeon cleaned it up and set it as best he could. Same surgeon also later put two rods in my arm and a figure 8 wire in my elbow after breaking my elbow in a different crash. My uncle, who also rode, told my father that, “That kid’s got more throttle than brains!” Lol! I will have a titanium bracket and screws now on my tibia. Here’s my list of bikes:

Honda CT70 Trail
Honda XR75
Suzuki RM80
Suzuki RM125
Suzuki PE175 for trails
Maico 490 for trails
Kawasaki KX125
Honda CR125 (new every year during support ride)
Honda CR250 ( new every year during support ride)

Last edited:
Started in 1988 with a Kaw KZ550, Then went to a Honda 1100 Shadow. After that I bought a 1981 HD FLT. (which I still own) and My latest ride is a 2015 HD FXDF. Been to Sturgis, Hot Springs AK, UP of MI a few times, but mostly just ride the roads of Wisconsin.

Had a few bikes come and go over the years as well, from ag & trail bikes for the camping/hunting trips to enduro & motocross for the high speed dirt stuff to road bikes far too fast for the crappy roads around where I live. Always try to have at least one in the shed to jump on when I can.
20150815_165918.jpg

The most recent road bike. Triumph Sprint ST 1050

20190202_181032.jpg

The current dirt squirter, KTM 450 EXC. A bit more bling along with a few scratches on it since this photo:)

20191215_145844.jpg

Bought this one for the girl to relive some youth on. Honda CRF150

20180311_113329.jpg
20180311_113206.jpg
Screenshot_20210812-171129_Instagram.jpg

A few I'd really like to see added to the collection. Maico 490 Mega2, KTM 495 & Suzuki RMX250, along with many others of course...

Screenshot_20211210-112118_Instagram.jpg

The ultimate dream bike for me. Ducati Panigale Superleggera V4, in blue livery.
One of those "if you have to ask the price you really cant afford it" machines. The "standard" red version retails for $150,000 AUD...:oops:

Started in 1988 with a Kaw KZ550, Then went to a Honda 1100 Shadow. After that I bought a 1981 HD FLT. (which I still own) and My latest ride is a 2015 HD FXDF. Been to Sturgis, Hot Springs AK, UP of MI a few times, but mostly just ride the roads of Wisconsin.
Sorry, that should be Hot Springs Arkansas

There must be something in our makeup that lumps the same interests together as it has always been guns, knives and motorcycles that have held my interest with the various aspects of play within each of the categories.

There must be something in our makeup that lumps the same interests together as it has always been guns, knives and motorcycles that have held my interest with the various aspects of play within each of the categories.
Guns, knives and motorcycles have been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. Cal it an adventurous spirit that is shared.

My knee feels that.

Pure inattention on my part.

Amazing to think that I've done plenty of stupid things on bikes completely unscathed, on the track, on the nurburgring, on the road when I was a teenager, but a rainy January morning commute in my 20's is the one that left the scars. Still, I lived and so did the bike, so it's just a learning experience.

My knee feels that.

Pure inattention on my part.

Amazing to think that I've done plenty of stupid things on bikes completely unscathed, on the track, on the nurburgring, on the road when I was a teenager, but a rainy January morning commute in my 20's is the one that left the scars. Still, I lived and so did the bike, so it's just a learning experience.
I hear you on the stupidity but is was a front wheel lockup going in to a corner at 70mph that had me sliding. I managed to keep it shiny side up for long enough to make the final slide reasonably pain free but still had damage to the bike.
20221126_133621.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.