Mosque shootings - New Zealand

While horrific, its not shocking, not to me at least. This will happen again.

So terrible. Prayers are with all victims and their families.

Saw the video, hard to watch. No remorse shown whatsoever. Repeatedly walked over and shot people while they were down and laying on top of each other. Bastard ought to be hung.

Last edited:
New Zealand does not have the death penalty. Like many places, only crime victims get the death penalty, killers, not so much.

Yes, it was repealed in our country. We had the most efficient (humane) method of hanging, i.e. sliding steel ring, rather than the hangman’s knot BUT there were instances where the execution might have been the result of an unsafe conviction.

True enough, but if ever there was a case that demanded the death penalty, its looking you square in the face. But because its not an option, the monster gets life, medical and meals on your dime.

True enough, but if ever there was a case that demanded the death penalty, its looking you square in the face. But because its not an option, the monster gets life, medical and meals on your dime.

I agree.

Although, I like the idea of him getting old and decrepit with no hope at life. Hard for his fellow Neanderthals to make a martyr of him as he rants his way into meaninglessness.

Although, I like the idea of him getting old and decrepit with no hope at life. Hard for his fellow Neanderthals to make a martyr of him as he rants his way into meaninglessness.
And therein lies the problem. As long as the SOB is breathing, he has a chance at "redemption" and eventual release. He is a young man, and after some years in the can, there will be a move to reduce his sentence. After all he was once a "such a nice boy". Not to mention the costs to society. You wont ever be able to prevent all crime, anywhere. But for those that see the error of others, who went before them on the end of a rope, its possible they might reconsider their actions. Either way, the perps that do this kind of crap deserve no less than a rapid execution. Those ones we know for sure will never get out and commit a crime again. Before our idiot libtard governors in this state stopped capital punishment we sent several really bad apples to an early grave. They don't commit any more crime.

And therein lies the problem. As long as the SOB is breathing, he has a chance at "redemption" and eventual release. He is a young man, and after some years in the can, there will be a move to reduce his sentence. After all he was once a "such a nice boy". Not to mention the costs to society. You wont ever be able to prevent all crime, anywhere. But for those that see the error of others, who went before them on the end of a rope, its possible they might reconsider their actions. Either way, the perps that do this kind of crap deserve no less than a rapid execution. Those ones we know for sure will never get out and commit a crime again. Before our idiot libtard governors in this state stopped capital punishment we sent several really bad apples to an early grave. They don't commit any more crime.
My knee jerk reaction is the same: .22 in the back of the head, topple into grave, dirt, done. But the prospect of spending the rest of your life in what is most likely going to be solitary confinement (for his own protection) without the 'privileges' of most inmates, is its own punishment. A long drawn out wait for death...

But unfortunately its not only punishment for him, how much is really unclear as he will be fed, clothed and taken care of for about 60 years or so, but its punishment for everyone in NZ, particularly families of the victims, and plus the taxpayers having to pay for this SOB's health and welfare for the rest of his life! Its just not right. Mine is not a knee jerk reaction.

Haven't seen anyone blame Trump (yet), but AOC is blaming the NRA :rolleyes::confused:........that broad should be a poster child for prophylactics.....(n)
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...tings-what-good-are-your-thoughts-and-prayers

Oh he's being blamed. It's sickening, both the act and the liberal reaction to it. Gotta play to their base and make sure no trajedy goes unused for political gain!

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...mp-charlottesville-words-do-have-consequences

Yes, its all over the place on the left. And of course CAIR is loudly blaming him.

But unfortunately its not only punishment for him, how much is really unclear as he will be fed, clothed and taken care of for about 60 years or so, but its punishment for everyone in NZ, particularly families of the victims, and plus the taxpayers having to pay for this SOB's health and welfare for the rest of his life! Its just not right. Mine is not a knee jerk reaction.
Didn't mean to offend my friend. If I had to chose between never seeing open sky and the great outdoors forever or just ending it, I'm not sure which it would be... so I guess I am considering it from my perspective as to which would be the worst punishment.
All that aside, if it can be shown that a perp is without a doubt guilty, I am Totally %100 behind the death penalty. And not this strung out someday thing either.

No offense taken, didn't mean to make it sound that way.

It is really quite incredible how inflammatory the rhetoric is all around the globe, on all sides. I cannot think of a time in history when countries were so internally divided. Make no mistake, Trump, Justin Trudeau and every other politician leverage us/them politics. There is nothing positive about the discourse recently. Which side started it? I don't know. But, I am not aware of any leader that has the ability to find a solution. Enjoy this time on top, as the inevitable cyclical political trends will just keep grinding downwards. Predictable and crazy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg