Monos vs Bonded

With my 7Rm I've taken black and blue wildebeest, zebra, waterbuck, gemsbok, hartebeest, nyala and several smaller species with a Barnes 160 gr TSX out of a Win 70. All were one shot broadside kills with the animal going no more than a few yards. No bullets were recovered but there was a double sized exit wound and plenty of internal damage.

@Art Lambart II
I to had the same with my Whelen and 225 accubonds even on a black wildebeest quatrtering at 180 yards. Complete pass thru with a golf ball size exit hole.
I would use Swifts Aframe if I could find them and afford them
Bob

Bob, the 35 Whelen with a 225 grain Accubond is a very hard combination to beat, It's accurate, deep penetrating, with good weight retention and its hits hard, what's not to like.

Bob, the 35 Whelen with a 225 grain Accubond is a very hard combination to beat, It's accurate, deep penetrating, with good weight retention and its hits hard, what's not to like.
Art
Give the 225 and 250 grain Woodleighs a go mate. They are also bonded.
225grain Woodleigh retrieved from my zebra after smashboth shoulders.
Bob
20200409_085629.jpg

La vieja teoría africana nunca falla: "puntas pesadas a baja velocidad".
En mi .338 utilizo consejos Hornady Interlock RN the 250 grains., recarga propia, con una velocidad de 2200 pies / seg ... perfora por completo un jabalí y un ternero que estaba dentro del maizal comiendo ...

Last edited:
I've had great luck with Accubonds in 30 caliber and 338 so Im surprised that your friend is not getting penetration....but the simple reply to that is the 175 gr. bullet accubond or partition will give more than ample penetration on any animal from the big 7 as its designed for that very reason..For him to know he or you were not getting ample penetration you had to kill the animal??? so bullet failure is not in question is it??

GS customs is only temporarly out of business..probably for 3 to 6 months..

I shoot trophy bonded tips a lot and triple shocks too. Definitely more penetration with the triple shocks but I think my 30.06 is too slow to make them open up. So the trophy bonded tips seem to cause more tissue damage. I have recovered a few trophy bonded tips but never a triple shock. Just my two cents. For the record I usually shoot whitetail deer , wild boar and black bear with them.

@Art Lambart II
A 225 gr accubond recovered from my kudu after penetrating over 5 foot from front to rear ham. Impact velocity was about 2,700fps from my Whelen at 120 odd yards. He ran 20 yards and nose dived
20200123_133438.jpg
The only accubond recovered .

GS Customs is temporarly shut down...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EllieBoatm

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross