Modular bino chest rig

I responded to your thread and I believe the main opposition was specifically using one in Africa. OP's use will be hunting in the US. I absolutely use them in the US but not Africa. They are a necessity for hunting out west IMO.
Hi Samson,
this is a Blaser Harness 2.0
 
First off, this is not particularly Africa-focused but I know there is a lot of knowledge on this forum. I already have a single, lightweight, bino chest rig I am going to keep for Africa. It's a Mystery Ranch.

I am getting more into domestic hunting here in the USA and I need something modular with one caveat: No magnets. My Mystery Ranch has a magnetic clasp system and I've been told that it will throw off the rangefinder even stored in a side pocket.

Ideally I'd like something with a main, tethered bino pouch. Then, the ability to add side pouches as need for a rangefinder, small IFAK, and possibly a bear defense side arm underneath.

I've been looking at FHF gear, Eberlestock, and Cabelas makes one, to name a few.

Any particular one liked by folks on here?
You may want to take a look at USA made Alaska Guide Creations; I really like mine.
 
First off, this is not particularly Africa-focused but I know there is a lot of knowledge on this forum. I already have a single, lightweight, bino chest rig I am going to keep for Africa. It's a Mystery Ranch.

I am getting more into domestic hunting here in the USA and I need something modular with one caveat: No magnets. My Mystery Ranch has a magnetic clasp system and I've been told that it will throw off the rangefinder even stored in a side pocket.

Ideally I'd like something with a main, tethered bino pouch. Then, the ability to add side pouches as need for a rangefinder, small IFAK, and possibly a bear defense side arm underneath.

I've been looking at FHF gear, Eberlestock, and Cabelas makes one, to name a few.

Any particular one liked by folks on here?
Have you contacted your range finder company to verify if those small magnets in the pouch would have any effect on it? I have a Marsupial, and use Revic binos, and have seen no ill effects from it.
 
Have you contacted your range finder company to verify if those small magnets in the pouch would have any effect on it? I have a Marsupial, and use Revic binos, and have seen no ill effects from it.

I did. Called Leupold and they said any magnet near the rangefinder can effect the readings. They said not just theirs, any rangefinder.

Its also probably more sensitive than others as it coordinates with OnX to drop a pin where the target is.

Another interesting thing to think about is your phone case. If you use a magsafe case for your phone, like I do, storing that in your bino pouch pocket near the rangefinder can also disrupt readings.
 
I did. Called Leupold and they said any magnet near the rangefinder can effect the readings. They said not just theirs, any rangefinder.

Its also probably more sensitive than others as it coordinates with OnX to drop a pin where the target is.

Another interesting thing to think about is your phone case. If you use a magsafe case for your phone, like I do, storing that in your bino pouch pocket near the rangefinder can also disrupt readings.
I think I will call Gunwerks and ask! I never thought about the MagSafe side of it either. I know my Revic binos don't have the GPS feature of the new Leupold's, maybe that makes a difference.
 
I have the Eberlestock and love it. The bino pouch closure is magnetic though. I haven’t had an issue with my range finder binos that I haven’t noticed. The only thing I didn’t like was they didn’t offer all the pieces in all the colors. Hence the mix match. Pouch on the left carries my electronic ear buds. Tan pouch holds a whole box of ammo. That one is not Enerlestock. Pouch under the binos is my hunting license and knife. I haven’t a molle panel with a pistol holster I can add under the hand warmers if needed. I haven’t a pouch I can carry a water bottle in too, but it is a little awkward.

I just spoke to Eberlestock. The Bravo is their newest bino harness and it's non magnetic. Same modular capabilities, just a redesign. Looks like they possibly might be moving away from the Recon.

I find it interesting that they advertise the rangefinder pouch as "non magnetic." That probably tells you something right there.

So far it looks like:

Eberlestock
Marsupial
Alaskan Guide
FHF
Hill People

All fit the bill. Hill people is nice stuff but man, not cheap.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,365
Messages
1,574,332
Members
170,008
Latest member
AshleyPasp
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top