Modern rifles that continue to offer the .416 chambering

Really? Can I call them up for one?

Call CZ USA in Missouri and ask them for current inventory by caliber, type of stock, and whether standard or deluxe. They have stuff left over and I believe Rigby was one of the three in remainder.
If they say yes, ask which distributor can buy that gun, get a local dealer to order through that distro.

At your budget, I’d say that the currently manufactured Winchester Model 70 Safari Express in .416 Remington Magnum would be the most safe bet.

If you’re set on the .416 Rigby, then (among currently manufactured NON BESPOKE options) I’d go with a Mauser 98 Magnum (either Standard or Diplomat). Out of your budget, though.

We will gladly trade at least 50 people who still reside in San Francisco for you and all of your family.

I know where 2 CZ 550 in .416 Rigby are right now that could each be bought for less than $3000

Yeah I would love to own a quality peice like the Rigby or similar but that's not in my cards right now due to price. I've been eyeballing the bolt guns from Rigby, H&H, Heym etc.

I'm hoping to stick within $3,000 or so.

I plan on spending the big bucks on the rifle following this .416 which will be a double in .470 or something comparable.
At $3K, I believe your option is limited to a CZ550 in .416 Rigby, a Winchester M70 or Remington 700 in .416 Remington or a Ruger 77/Guide Gun in .416 Ruger in FACTORY rifles. Some members here have/had those rifles for sale here in the AH classifieds for reasonable prices. Shipping to Canada would be another fly in the ointment, so to speak?

At $3K, I believe your option is limited to a CZ550 in .416 Rigby, a Winchester M70 or Remington 700 in .416 Remington or a Ruger 77/Guide Gun in .416 Ruger in FACTORY rifles. Some members here have/had those rifles for sale here in the AH classifieds for reasonable prices. Shipping to Canada would be another fly in the ointment, so to speak?
Yeah it doesn't sound like there are too many new production rifles within this price range that meet the criteria. I'm actually considering one of the Rugers (Guide Gun/African) in .416 Ruger.

I think that may be the most affordable option, with both the rifle and ammo selection. Any owners of either of those here? I havn't heard too much feedback regarding these rifles other than the new Hawkeyes just not cutting the mustard vs the previous Ruger RSM.

.416 Ruger also doesn't have the nostalgia of owning something like a Rigby, but boxes of ammo are half what the Rigby costs here.

I have 2 of the older stainless, 20" no muzzle brake Alaskan versions of the Hawkeye 416 Rugers. Additionally I load for 2 other of the same rifle. All have been accurate. The factory Hogue stock were replaced with fiberglass stocks and bedded. Though they grouped well with the rubber Hogue. I had to polish the feed ramp and rails on a couple of these. I don't recall which particular rifles.

I either use one of these or a 375 Ruger version for my moose hunting. For past few years it has been the 416 Ruger. The 350 and 325 monolithic bullets cover my use in Alaska. The rifle and cartridge combination are favorites.

Kimber Caprivi was made in .416 Remington, but I’m not sure if they were ever exported. I remember reading somewhere that they were only available in .375 H&H in Australia.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanRigby4

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you