Meeting other AH members

@Badboymelvin.
I can see @CBH Australia Chris now up around Dedarang freezing his arse off at 6am in a foot of snow. He would pretend to be loving it.
He will need to dress warmer than ballet slippers and pink tutu. His 289AI would work a treat on them
Bob

His 280AI certainly did the job on his Fallow. What an awesome looking round (y)

Russ

Mate,
Would love to share camp with you and in fact, Chris and I spoke about you quite a bit.
All good things too (y)
You let me know when you're down south next and we'll make it happen.

Russ
@Badboymelvin
Russ I bet none of it was good. Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall but with my luck I would have been swatted.
I'm meeting up with @CBH Australia Chris tomorrow. He has been a right little get about lately which would have done him wonders.
I would love to make it happen mate will have to see what happens.
Bob

@Badboymelvin
Russ I bet none of it was good. Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall but with my luck I would have been swatted.
I'm meeting up with @CBH Australia Chris tomorrow. He has been a right little get about lately which would have done him wonders.
I would love to make it happen mate will have to see what happens.
Bob
I will bring the Fly Swatter! Just incase Bob needs a Smack.

I will bring the Fly Swatter! Just incase Bob needs a Smack.
@CBH Australia
It was great to catch up with you and your lovely wife today.
It's a pity they didn't have those glitzy silver shoes in your size mate.
If they did I would have gladly bought them for you for the next Broken Heel festival and you could have gotten rid of your ballet slippers. The silver ones would have matched your eyes nicely.
Oh yeah don't worry I won't tell anyone on the forum you were on the piss before 9am drinking that lovely Bundy and iced lemon tea.
Told you it was nice eh.
Seriously though it was great to catch up with you finally. I enjoyed our time together and our wives seemed to hit it of well. The way they were talking you would have thought the were old friends that hadn't seen each other for a while. That's women folk tho.
Hopefully we can get our act together and make this scrub bull hunt happen next year.
Good to catch up mate.
Bob
I will let you tell more of the story.
Bob

Yes, Bob corrupted me he bought along Bundaberg Rum and Iced tea as he really wanted me to try it. I don't normally drink before breakfast but it's tea so no harm done. Had it down in not time and went for coffee.
Bob have me one of his magic Whelen bullets in exchange for a .280a.i. case.
He was keen to check out my Von Gruff knife, he's thinking about one for himself.
It's been a hectic 2 weeks, probably 5000km to date and I'm only in Dubbo tonight.
We decided to slip over the East coast to see my wife's Nan, shes 90 and has dementia, the Nan that is. I'm 50 and I like younger women.
On that note as we left our bus stop seats in Cessnock where the old people sit Bob mentions there is a lot of attractive women walking by. Really, I didn't notice them. That's my standard response, keeps me out of trouble at least.
We talked shit on that park bench for an hour or so but I had to get on the road.
Bob met the real me, probably much more boring in person but I like to write a good story.
Well made the trip and it was good to meet up with Bob see the Nan in law. We have talked about meeting up North, I hope I can but a bit to juggle before that.
@Opposite Pole when you're back in Australia hopefully we can all meet up

Yes, Bob corrupted me he bought along Bundaberg Rum and Iced tea as he really wanted me to try it. I don't normally drink before breakfast but it's tea so no harm done. Had it down in not time and went for coffee.
He was keen to check out my Von Gruff knife, he's thinking about one for himself.
It's been a hectic 2 weeks, probably 5000km to date and I'm only in Dubbo tonight.
We decided to slip over the East coast to see my wife's Nan, shes 90 and has dementia, the Nan that is. I'm 50 and I like younger women.
On that note as we left our bus stop seats in Cessnock where the old people sit Bob mentions there is a lot of attractive women walking by. Really, I didn't notice them. That's my standard response, keeps me out of trouble at least.
We talked shit on that park bench for an hour or so but I had to get on the road.
Bob met the real me, probably much more boring in person but I like to write a good story.
Well made the trip and it was good to meet up with Bob see the Nan in law. We have talked about meeting up North, I hope I can but a bit to juggle before that.
@CBH Australia
Chris that is not what your darling wife told me about your drinking.
Apparently you start the day with thunder coffee, a slug of rum in you coffee.
We were a bit like the grumpy old men sitting on that bench. The real you isn't that much different than on the forum, what you see is what you get. No airs snd graces or bullshit just down to earth and honest.
It was good to hear about your trip and the people you met. @Badboymelvin sounds like a top bloke if you can find him. Apparently he is a bit like the sambar he chases, hard to find with his busy life with work and family.
As for looking at those lovely younger women we were a bit like a dingo in a nursery. Thank God you can't get hung for looking.
Bob

If you're hanging around Dubbo Chris I'm not too far away (Orange) and can call over tomorrow some time after ANZAC Day morning services . Glad to hear you managed a catch up with Bob, we've spoken a few times now and he's always on for a chat, can only imagine he'd be larger than life in person (y)

If you're hanging around Dubbo Chris I'm not too far away (Orange) and can call over tomorrow some time after ANZAC Day morning services . Glad to hear you managed a catch up with Bob, we've spoken a few times now and he's always on for a chat, can only imagine he'd be larger than life in person (y)

Wow, in Dubbo tonight . Heading for Broken Hill in the morning.(Anzac Day)
Almost went to Cudal today. I've been in Orange and Oberon for work previously.
New job and heading to Coffs in a week for training.
That has me overnighting in Dubbo next 2 Saturdays.

Wow, in Dubbo tonight . Heading for Broken Hill in the morning.(Anzac Day)
Almost went to Cudal today. I've been in Orange and Oberon for work previously.
New job and heading to Coffs in a week for training.
That has me overnighting in Dubbo next 2 Saturdays.
Well that's certainly a few more Km's to add to your recent tally, safe travels and maybe we can catch up over the next couple of weekends if you're keen.

Yep, absolutely genuine when I say I'll take someone out. I love hunting and meeting people with similar interests, so flick me a message if you're ever down south (y)
Russ,
Met good people like you before - I consider myself fortunate, always keen to see others getting" the feeling" when bagging something, getting others out there and enjoying.
Very simple folk we are, my days of trigger time are long gone - but I'm always keen to see other good people get some trigger time in, having a good time and taking a few cold ones.
If you ever find yourself on the other side of the pond, need a cold beer, bed, some trigger time and fishing- look me up mate, would enjoy to take a few cold ones with you and have a yarn.
I will be slipping out of technology again soon- no more forum time, but always contactable on the same number I have had for years- when signal allows, will hit you up with a PM.
Great gatherings in Anzac Day, my old dear sent me some pictures - we had a good turn out of Rhodesian members at one event over there by you guys. Brave men who gave their all.
Regards,
Keith.

Well that's certainly a few more Km's to add to your recent tally, safe travels and maybe we can catch up over the next couple of weekends if you're keen.

Well as it turns out we did meet up tonight. I was travelling over and got a message asking how I was travelling.
I gave Peter an ETA and he made plans to travel up .
We sat in a local hotel for a few hours talking about guns, salami and hunting over a few beers and some pub snacks.
Another opportunity to meet another AH member and like minded people.
As it turns out I know his brother in law through a previous job. Small world.

Well today I was able to catch up with another member.
I finally caught up with @Mark R
We had been in touch previously and he was happy to meet. As it turns out @Tim Blackwell was there. They are good mates and have done a lot of hunting together.
It was good to meet Mark, and catch up with Tim.
Mark has some great trophies from his adventures. I had barely got in the door when I spotted the Warthog. They are pretty cool looking.
We sat and chatted for a bit and then I had to return to town and find my wife.

It's been a busy few months and I've been lucky to tie in meeting some good people over the last 6 months. 6 A.H. members in a short time. No 2 live in the same town so I've been pretty lucky and lucky all these people have been happy to meet and all quite obliging when we've met.

Don't expect any instalments any time soon. It's back to work and life in general.

Happy hunting everyone and I hope sometime our paths cross.

I live right in the middle of Rome, maybe some of you one day or onother will plan a visit - I'll be very pleased to have time together for a coffee or a pizza! Just let me know

When my wife and I come visit Rome ( no immediate plans yet, but it’s on the to do list) I’ll make sure to drop by!

When my wife and I come visit Rome ( no immediate plans yet, but it’s on the to do list) I’ll make sure to drop by!
Super! I have home and shop at minutes from Piazza del Popolo, Google it and you'll find that is a very pleasant area to visit, you'll be amazed! Wait for you two!

I live right in the middle of Rome, maybe some of you one day or onother will plan a visit - I'll be very pleased to have time together for a coffee or a pizza! Just let me know
It will be a while before I could travel to Rome but I drink Coffee everyday and tray eat Pizza once a week, sounds like the perfect place to visit.
Oh, Salami, Beer, Wine , Cheese & Olives and Sambuca are just a few more reasons to visit.

Im in Rome till Tuesday morning. Going to the Vatican in the morning would love to meet up tomorrow evening for pizza and wine.

Im in Rome till Tuesday morning. Going to the Vatican in the morning would love to meet up tomorrow evening for pizza and wine.
@rpgoldsby
Ask the pope if he is free for a few vinos and pizza. I'm sure he would add some life to the party.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha
Bob

@CBH Australia
Took a leaf out of your book over the last few days. I went up to Queensland to pick up my stuff from Namibia and met 2 really great fellow AH members.
The first one was @rdog and his beautiful wife. My wife and I were made to feel right at home. They are both really nice people. The only problem we had was rdog wouldn't donate his beautiful Ruger 350 rem mag to a worthy cause,ME.
I was privileged enough to see some of the rifles he has and have made. His rust blued 318WR is exquisite to say the least. He has a lot of nice toys to look at and play with. His completely rebuilt V8 Holden is also a great testament to his dedication to perfection. I'm looking forward to catching up with him again.
The other member was @Rule303. Another fantastic bloke and we sat around having a few cleansing ales ( XXX Gold) talking about Africa, hunting and reminiscing about the beautiful country we hunted.
Rule303 is a very knowledgeable hunter and traveller and we also spent sometime solving the problems of the world. It's surprising the solutions to problems 2 hunters can come up with after a couple of beers.
All the people I met on this trip would be more than welcome in my hunting camp at any time.
I also caught up with my old mate Ted Mitchell and his wife again this trip.
A great break away for both my wife and I.
Bob.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you