Mauser Mark X Transformation

etsonaut

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Joined
Dec 28, 2023
Messages
632
Reaction score
1,822
Location
Chattanooga, TN
Media
35
Articles
1
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Member of
SCI, NRA, DSC, WSF
Hunted
South Africa/Greater Kruger/Klaserie/Umbabat, USA, Canada,Greenland
5 months ago I had a $370 Interarms Mark X 30-06 laying around. It was what I would call a beater. Mechanically sound. Cosmetically beat. I shipped this gun off to RJ (Roger) Renner and gave him full liberty to re-create this rifle in Germanic style. I received it back today. Wow. I can’t describe how happy I am with this rifle and Roger’s work. Next up is one of his African Medium Rifles. Caliber TBD. Roger is a class act that I can highly recommend.
IMG_0290.jpeg
IMG_0291.jpeg
IMG_0292.jpeg
IMG_0293.jpeg
IMG_0295.jpeg
IMG_0294.jpeg
IMG_0296.jpeg
 
5 months ago I had a $370 Interarms Mark X 30-06 laying around. It was what I would call a beater. Mechanically sound. Cosmetically beat. I shipped this gun off to RJ (Roger) Renner and gave him full liberty to re-create this rifle in Germanic style. I received it back today. Wow. I can’t describe how happy I am with this rifle and Roger’s work. Next up is one of his African Medium Rifles. Caliber TBD. Roger is a class act that I can highly recommend. View attachment 762453View attachment 762455View attachment 762457View attachment 762458View attachment 762459View attachment 762460View attachment 762461
Some nice stock work
 
Some nice stock work
If I didn't know better, I would swear it's not the same piece of furniture that was on the gun before. Those side panels are incredible.
 
What a beauty! Mr. Renner is definitely a class act. Let’s see a range report!!!
Will do. I wasn’t sure I would have it back in time but I took a chance and got this gun added to the permit list for Africa in June. If it shoots like it looks, I’ll be taking it as a PG option for the boys and me.
 
Nice rifle!! He does great work and is great to deal with… He just reworked an enfield 303 British for me. I should have it this coming week
Awesome. Pictures are required!
 
5 months ago I had a $370 Interarms Mark X 30-06 laying around. It was what I would call a beater. Mechanically sound. Cosmetically beat. I shipped this gun off to RJ (Roger) Renner and gave him full liberty to re-create this rifle in Germanic style. I received it back today. Wow. I can’t describe how happy I am with this rifle and Roger’s work. Next up is one of his African Medium Rifles. Caliber TBD. Roger is a class act that I can highly recommend. View attachment 762453View attachment 762455View attachment 762457View attachment 762458View attachment 762459View attachment 762460View attachment 762461
Beautiful job, the Interarms mk10 & Zastava mk70 are very good rifles, value for your money all steel no plastic or alloy. adjustable triggers & hammer forged bbls. true M98 actions.
Cleaned you can up turn them in to reliable good looking working rifles, i have 4 of them a 6.5x55 ,8x57 ,9.3x62 & a 375 H&H i cannot understand why some people think they are no good.
 
Last edited:
Absolutely beautiful, and a great use of a Mark X. All five of my Zastava-made M98 based rifles are great shooters and have nice quality bluing, but the stock figuring is not something Zastavas are known for; and you certainly fixed that in fine style!
 
Absolutely beautiful, and a great use of a Mark X. All five of my Zastava-made M98 based rifles are great shooters and have nice quality bluing, but the stock figuring is not something Zastavas are known for; and you certainly fixed that in fine style!
Thank you! I wish I could say I had a vision but I just left it in Roger’s hands.
 
Yes sir he does. I am very pleased.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,301
Messages
1,572,117
Members
169,494
Latest member
EthanL7457
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top