Mauser M98 Magnum VS Dakota Model 76 African

Hillbilly Marine

AH senior member
Reaction score
@Aussie_Hunter
I'm a big fan of the M98, CZ550, M70, Dakota 76...etc CRF actions.
Just wondered if there a specific reason you are limiting yourself to CRF actions?
Not looking to start a CRF/PF debate...just asking a question.
I know there are several here who use a PF for DG hunting...some are even PH's.
I personally don't see a problem with it as long as the rifle is reliable and the hunter is competent.
I also believe the same goes for a CRF rifle, which can have issues as well.
Either way, the kinks need to be worked out with proper practice and training.

I was thinking the exact same thought. Whatever to OP picks will be an informed decision for certain.

Luvthunt

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
There is an upgraded 550 in 450 Rigby on Gunbroker . Includes 200 rounds of ammo and a new set ot RCBS dies for $3500.
Don’t know how much trouble to get it to Australia and how long and if you would accept a CZ.
Could have it sent to AHR for a go over.My 550 416 Rigby takes 4 in the mag and I can get one in the chamber, the 450 Rigby should do the same.
Don’t mean to jack your question just giving you info.
By the way who cares if it priority(it’s not), as you reload you can make brass from 416 Rigby.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svetlanagma

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Eastern Cape Hunting Report Coming soon...
Jaynecobb wrote on cal pappas's profile.
I hate to bother you....I own 2 of your books including British bore rifle. I was hoping you might have more 10 bore loads. For the heavier and later rifles. Any help would be appreciated.
Gert Odendaal wrote on Av8or's profile.
Good day , Do you still have .375 H&H Magnum brass available to sell?
tarbe wrote on PatrickMa Ward's profile.
Aha....I see you have a new Avatar!!

Nice bull!
flatwater bill wrote on KHOMAS HIGHLAND HUNTING SAFARIS's profile.
I hope your hunting season has started off well. I am coming to Namibia for the 7th time in late April of 2022. I am bringing two friends who have never hunted outside of the USA. I have several questions, but before I write them all, I will wait to see if you receive this. Please give a shout................................best regards.........................Bill...............Idaho, USA