Media
Articles
Member of
AfricaHunting.com
Hunted
Tanzania, Nepal, Canada,
Marc Pechenart (1927-2008), Big Game Hunter

watermark.php

Marc Pechenart (1927-2008), Big Game Hunter with the tusks of his best 17 trophy elephants

Marc Penchenart besides a life with many commercial successes on three continents, he loved hunting and guns the most. Africa was his favorite destination, enjoying innumerable safaris to all corners of the continent.

watermark.php

Marc Pechenart with a Giant Forest Hog

He was an SCI Life member and helped found two French SCI Chapters. He was keen to ensure that his fellow countrymen understood the importance of belonging to the most important big game hunting and conservation institution in the world.

watermark.php

Marc Pechenart (1927-2008) with tusks

Many big game records have been entered by Marc into the SCI Record Book of Trophy Animals, but certainly, his greatest trophies are his collection of African elephants, where he has collected the longstanding SCI World Record as well as three more in the Top Ten of the category. He was a expert on rifles & shotguns, and is one of the known hunters who have shot ivory worth 100 pounds of all the massive tuskers he took as a hunter. He passed away at the age of eighty.

watermark.php

Marc Pechenart standing in the center to the right of the lion mount. From left to right; Maurice Patry, Martine Pechenart, Berco, Fifi, the Lion mount, Marc Pechenart, Xavier Pechenart, J. M. Harry, JP Lacoste.

watermark.php

Marc Pechenart, sitting in the forefront in the center, at his house in 2007, during the last test of the "aspirants guides" (apprentice guide) of the ACP (Association des Chasseurs Professionnels - Association of Professional Hunters) in France.

A great hunter and a ballistic expert...

Monish

Last edited by a moderator:
Monish,
Looking at the Picture, are those the tuskers he took during his hunting days?
Popo

Monish,
Looking at the Picture, are those the tuskers he took during his hunting days?
Popo
Popo,

They are the 17 record class tuskers he shot , and had taken many more.........

Monish

Monish, Thank you for remembering and honoring this iconic and renown French hunter and conservationist Marc Pechenart who was so passionate about Africa.

Jerome,

He deserves all the felicitation & the honor , and so do all the hunting greats of the yesteryears. ................... Thanks ...

Monish

Monish, Thank you for remembering and honoring this iconic and renown French hunter and conservationist Marc Pechenart who was so passionate about Africa.

Was just reading about Mr Pechenart and his many 100+lb elephants - in "Africa's Greatest Tuskers" - wow

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaliaPace

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross