Man’s best friend

@Birdy my pup is a cross between GSP and GWP, have her parents too.

Some nice looks dogs you have.

We just picked up our new little boy yesterday, 10/16. His name is Asher and is a black Labrador retriever.
I hope he hunts as good as my last one.
20221016_163654.jpg
19961.jpg
20221016_125723.jpg

This our current pair.
B29ADA22-C571-4F9E-94A1-DC3A6993EC92.jpeg

Bailey is nearly 5 years old and we figure she’s a lab cross. When she was about a year old her owner dumped her off at a farm that I sometimes go to for work. The farm owner’s wife didn’t want to keep her so we ended up with her. I am a sucker for a pretty face!
E0919055-8C84-443B-A432-0BE45B7632B7.jpeg

This little fart is Gizmo. He is a chihuahua x maltese and his first birthday is today. My wife never had a puppy in her life and was begging for one so Gizzy joined our family just after Christmas. He’s about the happiest and funny little dogs you’d ever meet and definitely a Mama’s boy!
F72B7CC2-1390-4EC1-86B4-7F9AD2D42FE3.jpeg

FF32CE61-CBAC-43BC-B8D8-DE7FA64A9058.jpeg

And finally this is my old boy Baxter who we lost this year at age 16. I got him when he was just 6 weeks old and we sure went through good times and bad together.
F1B99694-0AD2-40AE-A3E2-FF97A661E57A.jpeg

A final pic from when we still had all three. Baxter’s back legs weren’t working very well near the end so he got to ride in a backpack!
3E6FF52A-2223-4206-9F45-FE265FE8D063.jpeg

This our current pair.
View attachment 494932
Bailey is nearly 5 years old and we figure she’s a lab cross. When she was about a year old her owner dumped her off at a farm that I sometimes go to for work. The farm owner’s wife didn’t want to keep her so we ended up with her. I am a sucker for a pretty face!
View attachment 494933
This little fart is Gizmo. He is a chihuahua x maltese and his first birthday is today. My wife never had a puppy in her life and was begging for one so Gizzy joined our family just after Christmas. He’s about the happiest and funny little dogs you’d ever meet and definitely a Mama’s boy!
View attachment 494931
View attachment 494934
And finally this is my old boy Baxter who we lost this year at age 16. I got him when he was just 6 weeks old and we sure went through good times and bad together.
View attachment 494935
A final pic from when we still had all three. Baxter’s back legs weren’t working very well near the end so he got to ride in a backpack!View attachment 494936
Don't get Gizmo wet or feed it after 12? Just kidding, he looks like a fun character! Sorry to hear about Baxter... Thank you for sharing!

And what a brute!! @TwoTracks , what breed is he? a Mastiff or Boerboel maybe?

Ours is as worthless as they come but he is a full member of the family. Small, 4 year old pound pooch rescue of questionable ancestry. :) Likely maltipoo plus somthin-r-uther?

Pound mug shot after being picked up by animal control
Taking advantage of last in bed
Going for ride

Mopsy pound mug.JPG

Mopsy morning.jpg

Mopsy in car.JPG

The old man, Ripken. Lives with my son in Kansas. This dog lives to hunt! Silver Lab
1666500921367.jpeg

His son, Ranger, lives to hunt as well, but can't live with his Dad, lol. That's why Ripken lives with my son. Charcoal Lab
1666498289721.jpeg

Ranger's daughter Cabo. Another Charcoal Lab. Following in her family footsteps as a hunter, but this dog is a toy thief; she wants whatever the other dog has. She and her Dad definitely qualify as my dogs; they will be wherever I am, or staring down the driveway until I get home.
1666498342242.jpeg

Bella, a Chocolate Lab. One of Ranger's retired girlfriends. Her preferred location is in the front seat, or the coach. But close the double and she's ready!
1666498429579.jpeg

Kimber is another chocolate, and another retired girlfriend of Ranger's. Short little legs, but she loves being in the field.
1666498482702.jpeg

After chasing those balls, this is how they cool off. The old girl looking to the right is Ryleigh, the best nose of any Lab I've had the pleasure to work with. Ranger's Mom, another Charcoal Lab and a hunting fool. She is getting up in age, and has mostly lost her left lung, so she only gets to chase dove in the backyard these days. But those eyes are still bright and she plays like a 2 year old! Naps like one too!
1666501034355.jpeg

There's a couple more Labs running around here, but I couldn't find any pics. GF raises dilute Labs, so there's always too many dogs around here.
A good dog definitely enriches one's life!

The brindle is Dakota, the black one is Sioux.
We picked them up as strays on the reservation, during our bison hunt. The place was overrun with them. Pretty sad.

They don't hunt, besides murdering the occasional chicken that gets out of the coop.
IMG_20191028_170812946.jpg

Hi, I am Nyla. I’m awesome at shedding my entire coat of beautiful hair twice a year. I’m also great at barking at passersby heading into or out of the park by the house that I and my servants live in. That’s right I have live in servants and they’re grateful for the place to stay.

It is my servants great honor and privilege to pet me, feed me and keep quiet when I’m trying to take a nap. This is a pic of me at the head of my king bed this morning that I also allow the servants to sleep in. It was time for breakfast and I was waking them up for the day.

E6CA49F6-1A2E-4E1F-A6BD-53CB60B3F380.jpeg

This is Gus the weiner dog. Bought him for my kids and have regretted him ever since. Dumbest animal I’ve ever kept. . . Pretty cute and the kids love him more than me so he gets to stay. View attachment 494756View attachment 494758

Cool name, my brother has a young gsp pup with the same name, he is still very young but my brother has started with some basic obedience training!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eye4aneye

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!