Magical Catch

Dinosaur

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
Kenya
Earlier this year I was bait fishing for Black Bream in the Maribyrnong River, Victoria, Australia.

I was catching a few under size Black Bream on light gear, they are excellent fighters, when I hooked a larger fish which appeared to be going crazy, fighting differently.

I immediately assumed that it may be another species, but lo and behold, I landed 2 Black Bream on the one hook.

Little Fish Lassoes Big Fish.png

A further inspection revealed that I had only hooked the smaller fish in the jaw, which in turn, lassoed the fishing line around a larger fish. The line had dug behind the larger fishes dorsal fin, and around it's pectoral fins and had a hell of a shock when it realized what had occurred.

I have hooked two fish in the mouth, with the same hook in the past, but to lasso a fish, that's something different. :giggle:

Both fish have been released to safely swim away.

Tight Lines
Rob

Can’t say I’ve seen that before!

Wonderful! My father did something similar once with two Canadian northern pike. Aggressive fish get themselves in trouble.

That is certainly novel. Congratulations on landing them both.

Wonderful! My father did something similar once with two Canadian northern pike. Aggressive fish get themselves in trouble.

G'day Longwalker,

Now that would have been something to see, your father has outdone me for sure. Two Northern Pike would have been so much more challenging, and great to witness too. :)(y)

I will need to add that to my bucket list :)

Tight Lines
Rob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaja

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,