Looking for: What do you think?

graham,
at the time i wanted to test both.
the one in the chamber was a nosler, and the mag had speers in it.
bruce.

Almost all of those animals will need soft points only. Hippo is the only exception where you may use a solid. So go with Swift A Frames. Solids are then Swift as well by default.

No point choosing bullets based on solids which you probably wont use anyway.

With bullets and ammo getting hard to find.
What would you chose in factory ammo? Only 4 choices!
Only 300 grain!
Solid and soft bullets!

A. Norsler in solid and soft
B. Swift in solid and soft
C. Federal in solid and soft
D. Hornady in solid and soft

Or a mix of the 4 choices above.

Please:
No other options!
Factory ammo only option!
No reloading options!

Ammo is for .375 H&H mag, and for both DG: hippo (land or water) and buff, and PG: eland and gemsbuck/oryx.

No offense but Please for this conversation any other recommendations or personal opinions I am not really interested in.
SWIFT A Frame softs by far!!! Then I use FEDERAL solids.. never tried SWIFT solids before.

Almost all of those animals will need soft points only. Hippo is the only exception where you may use a solid. So go with Swift A Frames. Solids are then Swift as well by default.

No point choosing bullets based on solids which you probably wont use anyway.

Hhmmm....In Zimbabwe: 375 solids or softs may be needed for hippo and buff. 375 softs for eland and gemsbuck. 375 solids for the smaller PG to minimize hide damage for full body mounts.

In SA: I'll be using my 30-06 rifle and 44 Rem Mag revolver and small(?) caliber PH's rifle on PG.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickolasAr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg