Looking for: What do you think?

graham,
at the time i wanted to test both.
the one in the chamber was a nosler, and the mag had speers in it.
bruce.
 
Almost all of those animals will need soft points only. Hippo is the only exception where you may use a solid. So go with Swift A Frames. Solids are then Swift as well by default.

No point choosing bullets based on solids which you probably wont use anyway.
 
With bullets and ammo getting hard to find.
What would you chose in factory ammo? Only 4 choices!
Only 300 grain!
Solid and soft bullets!

A. Norsler in solid and soft
B. Swift in solid and soft
C. Federal in solid and soft
D. Hornady in solid and soft

Or a mix of the 4 choices above.

Please:
No other options!
Factory ammo only option!
No reloading options!

Ammo is for .375 H&H mag, and for both DG: hippo (land or water) and buff, and PG: eland and gemsbuck/oryx.

No offense but Please for this conversation any other recommendations or personal opinions I am not really interested in.
SWIFT A Frame softs by far!!! Then I use FEDERAL solids.. never tried SWIFT solids before.
 
Almost all of those animals will need soft points only. Hippo is the only exception where you may use a solid. So go with Swift A Frames. Solids are then Swift as well by default.

No point choosing bullets based on solids which you probably wont use anyway.


Hhmmm....In Zimbabwe: 375 solids or softs may be needed for hippo and buff. 375 softs for eland and gemsbuck. 375 solids for the smaller PG to minimize hide damage for full body mounts.

In SA: I'll be using my 30-06 rifle and 44 Rem Mag revolver and small(?) caliber PH's rifle on PG.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,361
Messages
1,574,188
Members
169,926
Latest member
henepasab1987
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top