Looking for the best taxidermist on my predators from Africa!

I have an Aardwolf as well and had no issues importing it. I think the problem comes when Outfitters in Africa don't get the proper permits ahead of time. I hunt those night critters with Bossie Mostert of @LIMPOPO BIG GAME SAFARIS and he knows how to get permits. He charges me up front for the permits I want and I end up burning a little money when I don't get every critter but I also get my trophies shipped home promptly and without hassle.

As for taxidermy. Lots of good taxidermist's around. Even more bad ones, especially when it comes to messing up predators. I use Robert Utne of Wild Images in motion.
20190818_095949.jpg
20200704_101932.jpg
20200813_173454.jpg
20210122_222129.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Also had a lion done by Kanati in Pennsylvania that turned out nice.

The best person I have seen on cats is Philip Sousy. Not sure about the other small mammals though.

Caracal 6.jpg

Here is my Caracal. The Taxidermist custom made the head/face as that seems to be the most important to make it look life like.

Good day @Catchaser. I hope this email finds you well. Thanks for sharing your pictures, its always great to see. I thought I would take the opportunity to reply to this post and share some of the images we have of the species you have hunted, just as a guideline to the work we can create and customize for you. Out of curiosity, where are your raw trophies currently? If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me. Kind regards. Guy

View attachment 421144View attachment 421145View attachment 421146View attachment 421147View attachment 421148View attachment 421152View attachment 421154View attachment 421156View attachment 421165
Thanks for sending

Jim Kelly in NJ is arguably the best taxidermist in the USA. Slow, expensive but perfect!

I'd take up that argument :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: JHT
Animal Artistry does excellent work and I was particularly impressed with their Aardwolf mount as SCI a few years back.
If you are referring to Dennis I am not sure why anybody would recommend him with his shite service.... he cannot be that good

Check Kanati Elite Taxidermy Studio in Pennsylvania. They have done quite a bit of work for me and did an outstanding job on my leopard. 90 day service if you want.

Phil Soucy is the best cat taxidermist in my opinion.

No idea about a taxidermist, that serval is a monster, I foresee any taxidermist having to do some custom work on a form to fit that tank. Well done Sir.

I also returned a week ago, must say my serval is awesome but not a monster like yours. Good luck on a taxidermist hunt. Those specimens deserve the best. Your outfitter has a ton of mentions on here and all the same. Will put that in my file as I still have a couple failed species.

MB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idahocougs89

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!