Looking For Professional Hunter Apprenticeship

Congrats!

Congrats! Certainly are correct in saying you are envied by many!

I would like tro suggest that you maybe write a monthly blog on how ist going...................I know I would find it interesting.............and it would be great to refer back to for you one day when you are old! (Like some of us here)
Just a thought!

Grab this opportunity with both hands, feet, toes and teeth and make the best of it.
Agreed with Jumbo, think about a blog showing us stuck in the office types the ins and outs, ups and downs of being an appie.

About 8 weeks to go...my journey on becoming a real PH and an adventure of a life time is around the corner. I know that being a PH is not the glamorous job so many think it is, but this is my calling... thanks to Mr Simon Leach and TMS Safaris who has given me the chance to be trained by him. My gear is packed...the rifles sighted...and sighted again..and again..
I have read so many things on this forum about Mr Leach...and to become his apprentice is both a privilege and an honor!

I am envied by many!

Make sure you download the AH App onto your phone and make sure it is capable of operating in Moz. Climb up on "Signal Hill" and post what is going on. It is just outside of camp.

IMG_8521.jpg

Your new thread:
"Being an Appie, my Journey:"

On top of sighting your rifle in I would suggest you grab a few of these tools and test them out.

It zero's quickly but takes practice to aim effectively.
img054317-135-20170208-073406.jpg

If you have not read a gardening book in a while, I'd grab one on how to cultivate lettuce in the middle of now where.

Portador-de-deficiência-visual-mata-irmã-após-sofrer-discriminação-640x475.jpg

Here a Donga there a Donga. The fun part of road building.

IMG_8961.jpg

close-up-of-axe-chopping-tree-rafael-hernandez.jpg

Then the ultimate tool. a Bic Lighter. If you have not developed Pyromania yet, you soon will.
IMG_8552.jpg

Burning stumps is a lot less sweaty work than chopping them out.
IMG_9019.jpg

Grab this opportunity with both hands, feet, toes and teeth and make the best of it.
Agreed with Jumbo, think about a blog showing us stuck in the office types the ins and outs, ups and downs of being an appie.

yeah shit office you got on the lake......:whistle:

img_8552-jpg.172506

If you have not developed Pyromania yet, you soon will

dont show this sort of thing to anyone from oz!!! they start sweating and twitching and look horrified.....then say can you really do that ? and then 2 seconds later can i have a go?.......but then be ready to chase after them and grab the lighter ! as they will be running off setting fire to as much as they can!!! just ask @bluey !!!!

Attachments

• IMG_8552.jpg
    IMG_8552.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 164
I didn't grow up on a game farm. I didn't have the chances many other young PH's had. I worked for 3 years as an apprentice to a few outfitters, no charge, I wanted to learn as much as possible.

When I started to hunt elephant I had zero experience, I did a few elephant with ph's to try learn, but truthfully when I got my area in Mozambique, I was a novice. I watched plenty videos, some I decide were good others I knew would get me killed.

Sable, what the heck are those...................? Today I can honestly say, I know wild sable better than any PH in Africa. I taught myself.

Leopard with dogs..........what an experience , something new again........but seen how to improve and adapt to hunting with dogs.

Here I have a young PH, I read his CV , he came for interview, I could see if I didn't help, a young PH would be lost in the system.

Wishing you the best Appie!

Thanks to all for the advice and best wishes. Being a "Paper PH" at this stage of my life I will be the greatest fool not to listen and learn from the experienced hunters out there.
To Mr Leach...thank you a million times for giving me this opportunity...for taking a chance on a raw youngster...for being one of a handful of Outfitters willing to train and guide someone like me. With all respect...the hard men of the African bush are all getting older, at some point in time they will decide that they have left enough footprints in the sand and dust of Africa. It is Outfitters and men like Mr Leach that ensure that there will always be someone capable..and good enough to carry their legacy further.
May you always be blessed Mr Leach...I am honored to be YOUR appie.

Just waiting for the paperwork to be settled...and then my journey starts...through the plains and bush of Mozambique...and under the guidance of one of the finest Professional Hunters around...Mr Simon Leach of TMS!
I can't wait!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Efren35C00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross