Christiaan VH

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SA Hunters
Hunted
South Africa, Botswana, Namibia,Mozambique
Hi. I am Christiaan and matriculated at the end of 2015 and although I obtained a university pass I would like to make my living as a PH. At the beginning of 2016 I went to Namibia for a few months and helped on a hunting farm in the south. There I spent most of my time guiding hunters, erecting game fences and general maintenance. I returned at the end of July and attended a PH course in Limpopo. Due to my age (18) I am only licensed in Limpopo at present.

I am currently helping my dad at his meat processing business and have gained valuable experience in the dressing and processing of carcasses. Although I have a PH certificate and license I am aware of the fact that it is only a piece of paper that allows me to be employed by an Outfitter to be fully trained as a Professional Hunter.

I would like to use this forum to ask for any help available in being given the chance by an outfitter to realize my dream.

Regards
Christiaan

Last edited:
Welcome to AH Christiaan! Best of luck in your dreams of being a PH

Welcome aboard AH.

Search AH and you will see many suggestions on the topic.

Good luck.

Dreams do come true!!! Thank you so much to Mr Simon Leach of TMS Safaris for giving me the opportunity of a lifetime!! I will be doing my PH apprenticeship under his guidance during the 2017 season!! I am looking forward to be trained by such an accomplished outfitter and PH!

Congratulations Christiaan. Sounds like a young man with dreams & goals and willing to put in the effort to realize both. I wish you all the success in the world in achieving them.

Thank you Clayton. This is what I wanted to do since my first hunt with my dad at the ripe age of 2! Hunted my first antelope at 7....and now it is time to go all the way!

Christiaan well done and to Simon @TMS (y)(y)(y). My best for your 2017 hunting season!

@Christiaan VH , you welcome, the day we think we know everything, is day we get ourselves hurt.

Dreams do come true!!! Thank you so much to Mr Simon Leach of TMS Safaris for giving me the opportunity of a lifetime!! I will be doing my PH apprenticeship under his guidance during the 2017 season!! I am looking forward to be trained by such an accomplished outfitter and PH!

Watch out for the camp in Moz. There are strange things lurking in the dark.

DSC01242.jpg

685908-kermitar.jpg

Wayne for a moment I thought you were posting pic of Vera...

Thank you Mr Leach....those words will become my motto! Thanks for all the good wishes from everyone on this forum.

Welcome to AH Christiaan, and congratulations.

From what I´ve heard, you´ll be learning from a fine professional !

Welcome to AH and good luck on your training.

Goodluck Christiaan, have a great time.

My dad is one of the many men that was part of the Bush War when he was a youngster. He always said that dust, sweat, sun and adrenaline turns a boy into a man...Mr Leach has given me the opportunity to experience the same....and from what I have read my path has crossed with the right man.

About 8 weeks to go...my journey on becoming a real PH and an adventure of a life time is around the corner. I know that being a PH is not the glamorous job so many think it is, but this is my calling... thanks to Mr Simon Leach and TMS Safaris who has given me the chance to be trained by him. My gear is packed...the rifles sighted...and sighted again..and again..
I have read so many things on this forum about Mr Leach...and to become his apprentice is both a privilege and an honor!

I am envied by many!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.