Cliffy

AH elite
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Hunted Zim, RSA (2), Namib(2), going again, Calif, Oregon, Arizona, Texas, Virginia, Idaho, South Dakota, Montana, Nevada, MO
Made the mistake of looking at a new Blaser SS double in 500NE today at the TTH San Antonio show. Crap, it fit me like a glove. Perfect fit right off the rack. First time that's ever happened. 1/2 engraved and wood to die for. Now I have to figure out how to come up with the $$$$$$ to make it mine!

Well now cliffy thats easy its a thing called BANK!

Made the mistake of looking at a new Blaser SS double in 500NE today at the TTH San Antonio show. Crap, it fit me like a glove. Perfect fit right off the rack. First time that's ever happened. 1/2 engraved and wood to die for. Now I have to figure out how to come up with the $$$$$$ to make it mine!

Nice gun for sure!

Since getting back from my first safari in May, I have bought 2 Blaser S2s: one in 375H&H & one in 30R. Just starting to get to grips with them & both need "re-regulating" which of course is something you can do yourself. However both are a delight to shoot & you really won't regret buying one

Made the mistake of taking the wife by the booth to look at the rifle. Don't know if her face said yes or you'll sleep in the garage if you do:)

Made the mistake of taking the wife by the booth to look at the rifle. Don't know if her face said yes or you'll sleep in the garage if you do:)

What's a little time in the garage Cliff? For a new double I could do six months in the garage standing on my head! Well.......provided it was winter. Besides it gives you plenty of time for reloading!

What's a little time in the garage Cliff? For a new double I could do six months in the garage standing on my head! Well.......provided it was winter. Besides it gives you plenty of time for reloading!

LMAO Thats where I have my reloading bench as well, in the Garage good place to spend time. I've also got my beer frig out there as well.:laughing:

Cliffy, "It's easier to ask for forgiveness, than it is to ask for permission". Sell a boat of a few gun's to get it, if it's what you really want.... Good luck to you buddy.

Terry Wieland and several other writers seem to hate the S2. I absolutely love mine. Have three sets of barrels in 450/500, 375, and 30-06. All of them shoot beautifully - the 450 shoots a ragged cluster at 50 yards and the other two sets are scoped and do the dame thing at 100. The major complaint seems to be the auto de-cock mechanism if the action is opened after one shot. It is simply a different manual of arms and I have no issue with it. Great rifles.

Terry Wieland and several other writers seem to hate the S2. I absolutely love mine. Have three sets of barrels in 450/500, 375, and 30-06. All of them shoot beautifully - the 450 shoots a ragged cluster at 50 yards and the other two sets are scoped and do the dame thing at 100. The major complaint seems to be the auto de-cock mechanism if the action is opened after one shot. It is simply a different manual of arms and I have no issue with it. Great rifles.

Red Leg - maybe you could help me a bit. I bought both my S2s second hand & neither came with any instructions on how you regulate them. Sadly here in the UK, our importer is shall we say in a state of flux at the moment & I have been unable to get any response from the factory

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I was lucky with the 30-06 and found an RWS load which shot a four shot two - inch group at 100 yards (bought every box our shop had!). The 375 and 416/500 were done the old fashion way through load development. My shop has a fellow who specializes in that sort of thing and he made a 300 gr TSX work in the .375 and the Barnes solid works in the .416. I know of no one in this country who can actually adjust the "O rings" in the barrels to bring in a load. I also have not been able to find any such guidance on the web. I am told the rifle can be shipped to Germany and that they will do it. Once you get it up and running it is a wonderful weapon.

I remember being shown a Heym 88 PH in 450/400. I thought I gotta have this...but how?? Fortunately my gun dealer was willing to lay it away. I FOUND a way..and 9 months and 10 days later she was mine. You can do it!! As far as the garage...it's really not that bad.

She's still talking about it with me tonight no less but not real enthusiastically.
The guy even told me of one he knows about in 470NE that was used once on an elephant hunt and now the owner is willing to deal. Says the wood is even better than the one I saw. I'd prefer the 470 anyway so we'll see.

Well good luck to you...and I have to admit, I'm not married so it was a lot easier. At least she's talking about it..lol..that's more than most women would do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattieHayw

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,