Website
bosendal.co.za
Deals & offers
Media
Member of
PHASA, SA Hunter & Conservation
Hunted
South Africa, Botswana
I know there is a ban from the US on lion hunts but i figured not everyone from here is from the states and maybe there is still some US hunters interested in hunting lion!! Who knows maybe after a year you can import again and then we ship you your cape we safe gaurded for you!!!

So i have 7 day lion hunts available in the kalahari region of South Africa It is a great area to do lion hunting as hunting is being done by tracking the lions in the kalahari sand on 3000 hectares. It incolves a lot of walking and tracking!!

Male lions from $10700
D7K_7682.jpg

Females $5800
D7K_7761.jpg

Accommodation is in a nice 3/4 star lodge with some really good food!!
Acommodation is $1500 per hunter for 7 days 5 full days hunting!
12744638_10207067899710653_7798344303887015909_n.jpg
F6BE863D-AA68-428B-9AE8-461CC1017F54.jpg

Please do not hesitate to comtact me for further details!!

All the best
Gerrit

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't the lion ban only for importing the parts into the U.S. without the appropriate permits. I didn't think it prohibited the hunting of them in another country, you just can't bring it back.

@sierraone you are correct, they can still be legally hunted in South Africa, but you can take anything back to the US for now!! If there was a complete ban on hunting them i would have not advertized it on here!!
Sorry if the post was unclear!
All the best

If I were wealthy, I would hunt a lion and hopefully take one, then send the pictures to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife. I would have no reason to bring one back anyway. I don't have the space to display a full body mount lion, nor will I have.

Isn't the lion ban only for importing the parts into the U.S. without the appropriate permits. I didn't think it prohibited the hunting of them in another country, you just can't bring it back.

Correct! Until such time as USFW decides to list rules with respect to captive breed lions. Your guess is as good as mine when that will take place!!!

It's a nice offer, I care to bet you won't see many hunters hunt lions in RSA until the numbers for prices are even 1/2 of what Gerrit is offering. Word on the street in the USA is no one has interest, if they can't bring the cape back.

The anti-hunters won.

I would hunt a lion even if I couldn't bring one back. Im basised as I one in transit. I think the male lion prices have come down considerably but the lioness havent come down too much. And this is from my perspective and I can't hunt one right now anyway, but it would take females to get in the sub 4k range for me. I would add one on to a buff hunt or something like that. Hunting lions is way too cool of an experience just to pass up but I can understand how they feel about the import ban, they are too beautiful to just walk away from. They deserve better and they represent too much of Africa.

LTD, I can agree with you. Under the right circumstances and price, in the future I could be persuaded to hunt a lion. As I previously posted, bringing the cape home is not an issue for me. And you are totally right in that they represent too much of Africa!!!

It's a nice offer, I care to bet you won't see many hunters hunt lions in RSA until the numbers for prices are even 1/2 of what Gerrit is offering. Word on the street in the USA is no one has interest, if they can't bring the cape back.

The anti-hunters won.

Actually, the lions lost.

Very true Bert, I would not argue that at all.

Bert couldn't agree more!! But the greenies don't see it that way!!
Greenies are ass holes with absolutely no knowledge of conservation or what it takes to manage wildlife and the delicate balance of what hunters and hunting contributes to the animals and people of Africa. If they did they would listen to the folks in the know like cities, and biologists. They base their opinions on emotion and this backwards way of thinking has now taken hold in USFW service.

There are plenty of AH members from around the world.

Nice offer, best of luck. Hope some AH members can take advantage!

ive already received several offers from many captive bread lion places right now. a male 8 years old and upward with a massive mane is selling for $14,000. females are around $3500. the prices you see above reflect the increase in price so that the guy offering the hunt can make a profit. right now i feel the farmers are split. some think the ban may drop for captive bred and some dont think so. all in all most are undecided but have already dopped prices substantially from fear of loosing tons of money. however, i believe once a male lion sells less that $8000 then it has less value than sable and roan and is therefore being culled from the specified property 100%. so i have put in offers to guys to buy massive males at $8000. several farmers tell me that if things dont change by this time next year that they will kill all their lions and fire sell them just to recoup losses and make something off them before they are eaten out of house and home.

This year is already full and I can't work in a safari. I would like to hunt and not concerned if I can't bring back the cape (Like the idea of holding the cape to see if the game and fish wake up and can import at some point) However I would be more interested in a lioness hunt and they are one of the BI$CH's of the bushveld and do most all of the hunting. Males have the impressive mane but the ladies are the dangerous ones. So will keep this in mind for possible booking next year.

Is there also the possibility of some of the smaller cats? in conjunction with this safari?? (Caracal, civet, serval, Genet) (Jackal too)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noah8899

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg