Lightweight .375 H&H

My Rifles, Inc. Strata, .375 H&H. Haven't weighed it, but my best guess is about 6 lbs. bare. A dream to shoot and did fine on last year's brown bear hunt.

IMG_0521.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
They are quite light. Is that a .375h&h?

Not really painful. It's just a fast recoil. You can wrap your thumb over the barrel and C clamp it. It becomes quite manageable at that point even with the rudest of .375's. The limb saver does a good job.

Yes, it's a single shot 375 H&H.

Is that a factory or aftermarket barrel? I have the Pro Hunter in stainless .375H&H. It's quite the company on a rainy day.
Factory. They made them in 26" blued and 26" stainless

This thread got me curious, so today I learned that my Sauer 90 wearing a Nikon Prostaff 4-12 and sling comes in right at 9 pounds 1 ounce. I don't know how to explain it but it "feels" lighter than that to me though.

This thread got me curious, so today I learned that my Sauer 90 wearing a Nikon Prostaff 4-12 and sling comes in right at 9 pounds 1 ounce. I don't know how to explain it but it "feels" lighter than that to me though.
Is that weight fully loaded?

Used my synthetic stock 375 h&h Browning Abolt on everything from duikers to a 206 yard shot on this LDE with @JKO HUNTING SAFARIS im Cameroon. I used 260 grain accubonds. Leupold Vx5 on top. I’ve used 300gr Aframes on buffalo also. Love the gun.

IMG_5949.jpeg
IMG_5802.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice concept, but with a modern build I would have chambered for a modern cartridge, like the .375 Ruger or .375 WSM. Somehow, it seems wrong to be feeding an H&H into Synthetic and carbon... no offense intended... it will work wonderfully, I am sure.

Nice concept, but with a modern build I would have chambered for a modern cartridge, like the .375 Ruger or .375 WSM. Somehow, it seems wrong to be feeding an H&H into Synthetic and carbon... no offense intended... it will work wonderfully, I am sure.
Man, I have not been offended since I was in elementary school. :). If I had to do it over again, I wouldn’t change a thing.

Man, I have not been offended since I was in elementary school. :). If I had to do it over again, I wouldn’t change a thing.
Gun-nutters are a quirky bunch... we build stuff that only makes sense to us, and we can only justify it to ourselves using complicated mental gymnastics... been there done that... doing it again as I type this... lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaeger Fischer

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.