Lever Action Love...

I posted this in another thread but it surely belongs in one called “Lever action love”.

Filled the freezer with three does with my 1936 Winchester 71 this fall. (Overpopulated area). The .348 certainly shortens tracking a dragging distances. No meat ruined and really fun to use. :giggle:

8DC649A2-E731-4650-974A-A49A7F59FB47.jpeg
 
I posted this in another thread but it surely belongs in one called “Lever action love”.

Filled the freezer with three does with my 1936 Winchester 71 this fall. (Overpopulated area). The .348 certainly shortens tracking a dragging distances. No meat ruined and really fun to use. :giggle:

View attachment 505868
@Randy F
Time to go the next step mate and get a Winchester 88 or BLR in 358. Not a classic but good cartridge.
Bob
 
@Randy F
Time to go the next step mate and get a Winchester 88 or BLR in 358. Not a classic but good cartridge.
Bob
Not a lever, but considering a Winchester 1907 I’ve come across. Built in 1908 and Chambered in .351. Still not sure. I’ll never get back to Africa if I keep buying these gems. :E Shrug:
 
I posted this in another thread but it surely belongs in one called “Lever action love”.

Filled the freezer with three does with my 1936 Winchester 71 this fall. (Overpopulated area). The .348 certainly shortens tracking a dragging distances. No meat ruined and really fun to use. :giggle:

View attachment 505868

I don't know which I'm more jealous of, the rifle or hunting an area of WI overpopulated with deer. That must be a great feeling to knock down a deer with an open sight LA. Nice job.
 
I don't know which I'm more jealous of, the rifle or hunting an area of WI overpopulated with deer. That must be a great feeling to knock down a deer with an open sight LA. Nice job.
:giggle: Thanks. I never forget how fortunate I am to be able to hunt these areas. And I completely agree with the thrill of open sights on deer. My vision isn’t getting any better so that peep sight made it easy. Regular open sights I struggle with.

I also finished up in that same area with an ok buck on the last day of muzzle loader season. Freezer full!
23BFBA16-0963-45C0-8034-693BDC4F68CE.jpeg
 
Finally got some Peregrine 180gr Hogs loaded up. Hoping Santa might be kind and bring a Scrumbag a chrony…

View attachment 506213
@Scrumbag
Scrummy I've been told you have been a bad,bad boy so Santa is bringing you diddly squat.
I know the miserable fat bastard in red isn't stopping at my house because I've put a parking metre on the chimney. That'll stuff him up.
Bob
 
@Scrumbag
Scrummy I've been told you have been a bad,bad boy so Santa is bringing you diddly squat.
I know the miserable fat bastard in red isn't stopping at my house because I've put a parking metre on the chimney. That'll stuff him up.
Bob

It's probably true.

Scrummy
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,317
Messages
1,572,772
Members
169,617
Latest member
VGYDexter
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top