Leopard Wishbone

rafter3

Gold supporter
AH veteran
Joined
Sep 23, 2024
Messages
187
Reaction score
841
Location
Midland, Texas
Media
54
Hunting reports
Africa
5
USA/Canada
1
Member of
SCI, Boone and Crockett, Pope and Young, NRA, DSC
Hunted
Tanzania (Kilombero Valley), South Africa (Greater Krueger, USA (South Texas, Colorado, Wyoming), Canada, Mexico
There is a "wishbone" in a leopard that I got when I harvested mine this summer, does anyone know anything about this and if anything is ever done with these?
 
I made a necklace for my wife and she loves it.

21bacbf9-eeed-46c1-a85f-3c343ff25555.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
A Designer Jeweler in Namibia . I am sure any good designer in the US can duplicate or give you exactly what you want in a stone and design.
 
IMG_3755.jpeg


I put my Botswana leopard floating bones in a shadow box to hang in my hunting room. Happy hunting to all, TheGrayRider a/k/a Tom.
 
Floating bone because it is the only bone in the skeleton that doesn’t connect to other bones. Called a hyoid bone in humans.
The necklace is gorgeous, a fitting display for a magical trophy
 
There is a "wishbone" in a leopard that I got when I harvested mine this summer, does anyone know anything about this and if anything is ever done with these?
Yes lion and leopard have floating bones as they are called. They are commonly made into jewelry. I had Baranof jewelers (SCI sponsor) make my wife a unique piece from my lion bones.
 
Yes lion and leopard have floating bones as they are called. They are commonly made into jewelry. I had Baranof jewelers (SCI sponsor) make my wife a unique piece from my lion bones.
Thanks Phillip I will reach out to them!!
 
Didn’t know that at that time. What a pity but what a good reason to shoot another one.
 
Great ideas I have the ones from my leopard, have been considering different ideas for them.
 
Love this forum, learn something new everyday. Never new cats had unique bones that would make a great treasure. A wonderful way to maximize your hunting memories.
 
The floating bones are known as the hyoid bone in mammals. They attach to the musculature of the oral floor and tongue to assist with swallowing
 
I got the leopard; the wife got the jewelry. Seemed like a fair trade.
who made that it looks beautiful, my wife got tanzanite too would look great like that
 
thank you! it was made by a Namibian jeweler that is a friend of the PH I hunted with.
 
Annette Mausberg Jeweler in Namibia . I have her email address if anyone wants it. PM me and happy to send it.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,299
Messages
1,572,041
Members
169,482
Latest member
OlaCounts
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top