Left hand 404 Jeffery

Bert Reynolds

AH veteran
Joined
May 30, 2019
Messages
132
Reaction score
139
Parts are all here for my left hand 404
IMG_2670.JPG
IMG_2638.JPG
IMG_2645.JPG
IMG_2640.JPG
IMG_1245.JPG
 
Looks like it’s going to be a great project. Love the blank!
 
Interesting project indeed! What action is that? It sure looks like an M98 of some sort.
 
Great blank!! Very nice figuring - I was wondering about the action as well
 
Action is a left hand Zastava. Bottom metal is a 4 shot Prechtl magnum. Safety and trigger is is recknagel. I have a Lothar Walther barrel and recknagel sights for it. If I’m happy with this I’ll build a matching 8x68.
 
Going to be a beauty but you have a right handed pattern on that blank ;)
 
Looks like a useful build at reasonable cost. Nice wood, Mauser action, barrel by a good maker... I'll watch for progress reports.
 
Update. The recknagel mag box is a bit skinny at the front. So I’m making my own according to Mausers original drawings. Will hold 5 shots and has a left hand follower.
 
That is gonna be slick... And five rounds is awesome.

I have a left hand Lott, but at some point (probably at retirement if all goes well) I would like a really nice .404 or .416 Rigby.

Enjoy!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,409
Messages
1,575,284
Members
170,240
Latest member
Jestine262
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top