Lee Speed Sporter Resurrection

Bos Javanicus

AH senior member
Joined
May 30, 2016
Messages
80
Reaction score
154
Location
Perth, Western Australia
Media
7
Hunted
Australia, New Zealand
Here's the start of a project I've been procrastinating about for a while now. I bought a BSA Lee Speed Sporter barreled action a couple of years ago and have an awesome blank perfectly suited for a Lee Speed as well. So it was time for me to get moving and crack on with this resurrection.
I have just received some photo's from the engraver who re-cut the engraving and removed a few un-wanted marks, he is going to blue it for me and send it home soon.
thumbnail_IMGP5939.jpg
thumbnail_IMGP5941.jpg
 
That is going to be a stunning rifle when done. Is there enough depth in the blank to take the forestock from under the buttstock as the important section (grain wise) is in the action portion and that looks to be good grain direction if the forestock was laid out with the top line on the lower edge of the blank having the action area under the pistol grip.
 
Keep us posted on your project Please
 
VG, No there isn't unfortunately as there isn't hence the other lump of wood. I've might make some turn screw handle from the scrap at the bottom. That bit of timber which will be left is too good to turn into fire wood.
 
VG, No there isn't unfortunately as there isn't hence the other lump of wood. I've might make some turn screw handle from the scrap at the bottom. That bit of timber which will be left is too good to turn into fire wood.
It would make a nice knife handle to compliment the rifle :sneaky::sneaky:
 
This should be a good project. keep us informed.(y)
 
full

Here is mine, an early London Small Arms sporter. Great shooter.
Look forward to progress on your BSA.
 
Are you going to keep the original minimalist stock design? The original configuration was an elegant and yet utilitarian design. "Ghost and the Darkness" stuff.
 
I like the design that has the bottom of the pistol grip parallel to the bore line rather than the version where it points back toward the heel of the buttstock. That is the way I have made all the Lee Speed style stocks in the past.
 
Red, yes I’ll be keeping the stock in the traditional pattern, slim and petite. These LS stocks have super handling, so there’s no need for me to mess with it.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,300
Messages
1,572,077
Members
169,488
Latest member
SharynPico
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top