Lee Speed Sporter Resurrection

Bos Javanicus

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Australia, New Zealand
Here's the start of a project I've been procrastinating about for a while now. I bought a BSA Lee Speed Sporter barreled action a couple of years ago and have an awesome blank perfectly suited for a Lee Speed as well. So it was time for me to get moving and crack on with this resurrection.
I have just received some photo's from the engraver who re-cut the engraving and removed a few un-wanted marks, he is going to blue it for me and send it home soon.
thumbnail_IMGP5939.jpg
thumbnail_IMGP5941.jpg

That is going to be a stunning rifle when done. Is there enough depth in the blank to take the forestock from under the buttstock as the important section (grain wise) is in the action portion and that looks to be good grain direction if the forestock was laid out with the top line on the lower edge of the blank having the action area under the pistol grip.

Keep us posted on your project Please

VG, No there isn't unfortunately as there isn't hence the other lump of wood. I've might make some turn screw handle from the scrap at the bottom. That bit of timber which will be left is too good to turn into fire wood.

VG, No there isn't unfortunately as there isn't hence the other lump of wood. I've might make some turn screw handle from the scrap at the bottom. That bit of timber which will be left is too good to turn into fire wood.
It would make a nice knife handle to compliment the rifle :sneaky::sneaky:

This should be a good project. keep us informed.(y)

full

Here is mine, an early London Small Arms sporter. Great shooter.
Look forward to progress on your BSA.

tastefully engraved to ensure it does not look like a pimp gun.
bruce.

Are you going to keep the original minimalist stock design? The original configuration was an elegant and yet utilitarian design. "Ghost and the Darkness" stuff.

I like the design that has the bottom of the pistol grip parallel to the bore line rather than the version where it points back toward the heel of the buttstock. That is the way I have made all the Lee Speed style stocks in the past.

Red, yes I’ll be keeping the stock in the traditional pattern, slim and petite. These LS stocks have super handling, so there’s no need for me to mess with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasovWoogy

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg