Laser Bore Sights

Rick Hill

AH senior member
Joined
Sep 26, 2016
Messages
61
Reaction score
41
To my new found shooting friends: So, I looked for a laser bore sight to help mounting a scope on my 404 Jeffery (not really) and they don't exist. BUT you can make one from 404 Jeffery brass or other big boomer brass and a 308 laser bore sight and you are good to go. Just measure the residual lengths carefully before you try to close the bolt or breech. Use painter's or other tape to take up any space and allow the laser bore sight to centrally seat in a coaxial fashion. Bet this would work for all the big boomers.....

Rick Hill

404 J Bore Site 1.jpg
404 J Bore Site 2.jpg
 

Attachments

  • slide-SL150.png
    slide-SL150.png
    93.4 KB · Views: 221
Last edited by a moderator:
Those cost 1-2 boxes of 404 Jeffery ammo - the little critter I adapted was the cost of 6 rounds. Those probably work great and I didn't think about them because a few years back the fellow next to me at the range was going to touch off his 300 win mag with that still in the bore...
 
I'm cheap. Pop the bolt, leer down the barrel (damn big hole with a 404) at a distant point and adjust. Works and no batteries
 
I have one that inserts in the end of the barrel it's better than nothing but not my favorite it's also even worse when used on a drilling I have found.
 
I'm cheap. Pop the bolt, leer down the barrel (damn big hole with a 404) at a distant point and adjust. Works and no batteries

This is what I do to get it close!
 
  • Like
Reactions: lcq
This is what I do on guns that allow this to be done. It's a bit more difficult to do on break action rifles though. With bolt guns however it's cheap easy and pretty reliable.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,295
Messages
1,570,890
Members
169,048
Latest member
binisebac1979
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top