Laser Bore Sights

Rick Hill

AH senior member
Reaction score
To my new found shooting friends: So, I looked for a laser bore sight to help mounting a scope on my 404 Jeffery (not really) and they don't exist. BUT you can make one from 404 Jeffery brass or other big boomer brass and a 308 laser bore sight and you are good to go. Just measure the residual lengths carefully before you try to close the bolt or breech. Use painter's or other tape to take up any space and allow the laser bore sight to centrally seat in a coaxial fashion. Bet this would work for all the big boomers.....

Rick Hill

404 J Bore Site 1.jpg
404 J Bore Site 2.jpg

Attachments

• slide-SL150.png
    slide-SL150.png
    93.4 KB · Views: 111
Last edited by a moderator:
Those cost 1-2 boxes of 404 Jeffery ammo - the little critter I adapted was the cost of 6 rounds. Those probably work great and I didn't think about them because a few years back the fellow next to me at the range was going to touch off his 300 win mag with that still in the bore...

I'm cheap. Pop the bolt, leer down the barrel (damn big hole with a 404) at a distant point and adjust. Works and no batteries

I have one that inserts in the end of the barrel it's better than nothing but not my favorite it's also even worse when used on a drilling I have found.

I'm cheap. Pop the bolt, leer down the barrel (damn big hole with a 404) at a distant point and adjust. Works and no batteries

This is what I do to get it close!

Reactions: lcq
This is what I do on guns that allow this to be done. It's a bit more difficult to do on break action rifles though. With bolt guns however it's cheap easy and pretty reliable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IlaCourtne

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!