Kudu Skin Wanted To Make Something For The Wife

Jetjockey

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
My trophy’s just hit the US and are at the taxidermy. I’m going to do a shoulder mount in the kudu but was thinking it would be cool do have something made for my wife with the rest. Thinking hand bag, jacket, etc. Any ideas?

My wife has hand bags in, but not limited to: Zebra, Ostrich, Ostrich/Croc Combo, Croc, Alligator X 2, Alligator Luggage, and of course - Rhino boots on the way.

My initial response, in jest, would be to say, "Be careful what you get started"; but I have found it to be to my benefit.

When we unpacked the Rhino hide, she felt it - and said, "Ooh, can you get one more?" Brought a tear to my eyes.

Just curios who makes all these pieces do you get them done in the states or Africa ?
Both, some have come from vendors at DSC/SCI, some from a woman who worked for Hermes and now has her own shop, Rhino boots from a custom boot maker.

I might add, I am having some cigar cases made from alligator, a pair of Rhino boots, and a Bison robe.

I can get you the names if you want them.

"April In Paris" is the shop for most of the handbags and some of the luggage. This is the gal who worked for Hermes. Her detail and stitching is amazing.
I'll ask my wife if she still has the contact info for the African Vendors.

Do you want the info for the boots as well?

I talked to these folks at the Houston Safari club about using my skins. She told me to bring them in and lets talk. They are located in Houston but send stuff to their shop in Mexico to get the work done so that helps on price. I have not used them yet but plan to. Their website has some ideas, bags, gun cases, etc... but if you speak to them they can do a lot more.

www.agleather.us

Both, some have come from vendors at DSC/SCI, some from a woman who worked for Hermes and now has her own shop, Rhino boots from a custom boot maker.

I might add, I am having some cigar cases made from alligator, a pair of Rhino boots, and a Bison robe.

I’d rather you post pictures specifically the bison robe because I want one . I’d also like to see the cigar holders as I’m a fan myself and that sounds awesome . :)

@gizmo does some cool stuff with skins.. and is a longtime member here.. give him a buzz…

You should have made it done in SA.
They do a lot of stuff like that locally and half the time and price.

I’d rather you post pictures specifically the bison robe because I want one . I’d also like to see the cigar holders as I’m a fan myself and that sounds awesome . :)
I will see if my wife will let me post them - she designed a couple of the bags and is protective of them.

As soon as I get the cigar holders, boots and robe I will post those. Cigar holders should not be much longer I am told.

You should have made it done in SA.
They do a lot of stuff like that locally and half the time and price.
Trust me, that was discussed - and some of her bags come from there. But she is highly critical of finish and stitching, and more importantly - wanted to participate in the design.

Trust me, if my wife says, "You need to go shoot another rhino" so she can have something made out of the hide - I don't care where she gets it done.

I had my taxidermist make me two pillows from my kudu back skin. They sent the back skin off to have them made, black leather on the back and kudu hide on the front, beautiful with the stripes of the kudu. They are each about 14” square, maybe a little bigger. Also had a long lumbar type pillow made from the sable back skin

Seriously?!? Forget the animal hide. Jewelry - nice quality jewelry - in the same price range as the taxidermy bill - 18 carat and not the 14 carat stuff. That will make an impression.

Could you send me the names as well

I will see if my wife will let me post them - she designed a couple of the bags and is protective of them.

As soon as I get the cigar holders, boots and robe I will post those. Cigar holders should not be much longer I am told.
Awesome if you can it’s appreciated. If not it’s still appreciated

I had my taxidermist make me two pillows from my kudu back skin. They sent the back skin off to have them made, black leather on the back and kudu hide on the front, beautiful with the stripes of the kudu. They are each about 14” square, maybe a little bigger. Also had a long lumbar type pillow made from the sable back skin
Do you have a picture? My wife just said she might actually like that instead since we are building a gun/game room and that would go great in there.

Seriously?!? Forget the animal hide. Jewelry - nice quality jewelry - in the same price range as the taxidermy bill - 18 carat and not the 14 carat stuff. That will make an impression.
I was smart enough to buy her the watch before I left for Africa. Followed up with a pair of red heels when I got home. Happy wife is happy life!

I told my wife she could have the scrotum from my cape buffalo. She wasn’t impressed.
I als had the bullet from my sable plated in gold and put a diamond in it to make her a necklace. That went over better.
IMG_1117.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexseen12

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.