Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
SCI, WSF, RMEF, GSCO, and NRA
Hunted
Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Mozambique x3, Tanzania and CAR. Tajikistan, Canada, Mexico, AK, WY, NM, SD, CO, UT, AZ, NV
Hello All,

I took this rifle in on trade In September for a hunt. After shooting it, I almost took it to Tanzania last month but it was too late to switch around the gun permits and I have two other 375 H&H Mags already so I am selling this one.

The guy who owned it is a big bow hunter. He won the rifle at a charity banquet. It has been shot very little and the bore and action are in great shape. The iron sights have never been used or filed yet. The stock does have some small dents and scratches because he didn’t protect it in his safe or when he shot it and being a bow hunter, he didn’t realize how careful he should treat a Caprivi! If you’re looking for a pristine stock, this rifle may not be for you but if you’re looking for a great shooting Caprivi rifle to actually use, then this is it.

I put a Leupold 1.5x-5 scope on it with new Talley bases and QD 1” rings and took it to the range after a thorough cleaning. It shot a sub 1” group at 100 yards with only a 5x scope! See pics. I adjusted the scope so that the rifle is sighted-in 1.5” high at 100 yards. I shot it with 270 grain Barnes LRX loads that I get from Custom Cartridge in Montana that you can also order.

I’m asking $4000 firm plus shipping for the rifle, bases and rings. I think I’m keeping the scope. Good checks accepted but I will wait to ship until check clears. If you’re in Colorado, we can meet for cash.
IMG_2678.jpeg
IMG_1748.jpeg
IMG_1752.jpeg
IMG_2679.jpeg
IMG_2690.jpeg
IMG_2681.jpeg
IMG_2683.jpeg
IMG_2684.jpeg
IMG_2686.jpeg

Hello All,

I took this rifle in on trade In September for a hunt. After shooting it, I almost took it to Tanzania last month but it was too late to switch around the gun permits and I have two other 375 H&H Mags already so I am selling this one.

The guy who owned it is a big bow hunter. He won the rifle at a charity banquet. It has been shot very little and the bore and action are in great shape. The iron sights have never been used or filed yet. The stock does have some small dents and scratches because he didn’t protect it in his safe or when he shot it and being a bow hunter, he didn’t realize how careful he should treat a Caprivi! If you’re looking for a pristine stock, this rifle may not be for you but if you’re looking for a great shooting Caprivi rifle to actually use, then this is it.

I put a Leupold 1.5x-5 scope on it with new Talley bases and QD 1” rings and took it to the range after a thorough cleaning. It shot a sub 1” group at 100 yards with only a 5x scope! See pics. I adjusted the scope so that the rifle is sighted-in 1.5” high at 100 yards. I shot it with 270 grain Barnes LRX loads that I get from Custom Cartridge in Montana that you can also order.

I’m asking $4000 firm plus shipping for the rifle, bases and rings. I think I’m keeping the scope. Good checks accepted but I will wait to ship until check clears. If you’re in Colorado, we can meet for cash.View attachment 573358View attachment 573359View attachment 573360View attachment 573361View attachment 573362View attachment 573363View attachment 573364View attachment 573365View attachment 573366
Fine looking Kimber!

Any ejection issues clearing the scope?
No, I haven’t had any issues with ejection. I guess I haven’t heard of that issue before with a Kimber but I’m not a Kimber expert.

Great looking gun. I love mine!

A member told me I have priced this rifle a little too high. I will reduce the price to $3500 or throw in the scope, your choice. It is sighted in and ready to go.

Nice rifle in a very useful caliber! Good luck!

Kind of surprised I still have this rifle. It would make a great Christmas present to yourself or a family member!

Bump before my son sees it over Christmas.

@Scott CWO - Give @Boltguy75 a chance...it's almost Christmas. ;)

He's been a member for three days with one post...seems perfectly legit for this time of year. :oops:

Just kidding @Boltguy75. Good luck.

I thought that might get noticed. I will be going on my first Safari this year. Getting started with a couple rifles for the trip. I totally understand as I have run into scams on Gun Broker buying shotguns.
Happy to give you assurances this is a honest inquiry.
Thank you Doug Dimmitt, Houston, Texas

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamebaidoithuong0

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.