Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Canada, USA
Another attempt to destroy a way of life.

"The website compares the commercial harvest of kangaroos to the slaughter of seals in Canada"

Interesting they should say that....

What assholes. No other word for it.

"...But we acknowledge the role we played in the unforeseen consequences of these bans. In 1985, we issued an apology for our role in this. Now we must go further."

He's right, kangaroos are more than just shoes. They make great steaks if properly cooked on the barby; I've had it before and it was delicious!

I no longer have patience with these fools.

Typical lefty wuss. They hear some tripe and get all wound up. and come up with some assinine scheme. Just makes them look all the more like the ignorant asses they are. They never think of finding any scientific proof, only emotional reaction.

Hmm...you mean well-funded NGOs meddling in the affairs of people they are not a part of causes problems? Who woulda thunk???

Now, can all the NGOs getting rich off the backs of Africans take a hike as well?

Boooorrnmn Freeeee....as free as the wind...

Shame, I thought this was going to be a public service announcement (with diagrams and video) after someone tried to strap on a pair of 'roos as an aussie version of these:

1615927765037.png
If it's just rampant animal activist assholery, then it's far less interesting.

A significant portion is going to continue causing damage to wildlife and the wilderness they live in. We have to realize that these types of people don't care if what they're doing causes hardship, they're simply in it for the ego. Without it they're nothing.

"Everyone, look at how compassionate I am. That'll teach those evil hunters!"

Kinda sick, not having anything productive to spend time on. As my Dad used to say, "They're kind of soft in the head." Meaning they have a mental disability.

Kinda sick, not having anything productive to spend time on. As my Dad used to say, "They're kind of soft in the head." Meaning they have a mental disability.
Maybe a bit harsh but yes, something like that. Miserable, lonely people get self-gratification by destroying others' livelihoods.

There are approximately 50 million kangaroos
The professional shooters shoot humanely (head shots)
The carcass is not wasted but sold for meat or skins
The meat is exceptionally lean
The skin is incredibly strong but very light
Then we have sone overseas expert who’s never been in my country let alone in the grasslands where the kangaroos are, tell us what to do
Without the professional shooting the numbers will explode until the next drought and then the toll is horrendous
Very strict quotas etc are in place

There are approximately 50 million kangaroos
The professional shooters shoot humanely (head shots)
The carcass is not wasted but sold for meat or skins
The meat is exceptionally lean
The skin is incredibly strong but very light
Then we have sone overseas expert who’s never been in my country let alone in the grasslands where the kangaroos are, tell us what to do
Without the professional shooting the numbers will explode until the next drought and then the toll is horrendous
Very strict quotas etc are in place
I think the uninformed majority have a very skewed and ultimately delusional view of what "wild" really is. Due to a lack of context from nature documentaries, people have this beautiful vision of places where animals live in total harmony and that nature is almost akin to a sentient god that controls everything neatly. The reality is that the "wild" our forefathers used to know is pretty much gone. The Industrial Revolution completely f#cked the balance of the ecosystem. Not to say that wild areas don't exist as they absolutely do, but they're all under the extremely strict supervision of humans. Many species can't evolve to their full potential due to deforestation and the advancement of technology, combined with an extremely ignorant population from urban areas.

There's also this image of the stereotypical hunter that's been ingrained in peoples' minds for the past few decades. The typical wealthy arse who shoots gorillas with a shotgun because he or she has a vendetta against wildlife.

My father used to say “if they had an eighth of a brain it would be lonely, but if they had two they would rattle”!

A friend of mine was a counselor and did dog sledding as a hobby. He had an inciteful comment about the PETA types who were protesting dog mushers (sometimes by faking videos of dog abuse). "Everyone wants to be hero of a story" he said. "If they can't find a good story to be part of they make one up."

I think wanting to be a "hero" explains the majority of the protesters making fools of themselves. They are not finding purpose in other things (God, family, community) so they get into bizarre causes that a rational person would see as pointless in the grand scheme of things. Of course most seem to be from rich, wealthy and comfortable backgrounds. People on the ragged edge of survival tend to focus on more important things.

It's an industry, Australia is slowly losing industry.
R M Williams make and export great boots from Kangaroo hide.
The meat is used for human consumption and pet food. Human consumption shooters and processors have higher handling standards.
What do they mean by Australia s only hatted indigenous chefs?
There are plenty of Blackfellas that cook and there is another Aboriginal celebrity chef named Mark Olive who promotes indigenous ingredients and has his own television show and cookbook.
Oh these people know it all from there, right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlynnHeini

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.