Just got back from SA

robgeisler

Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI, NRA, Izaak Walton League
Hunted
USA (incl. Alaska), Canada, South Africa, Sudan
Hi all, new to the site but just returned from SA. Had a great time and took eight wonderful animals. Now that I'm back I've been trying to determine how they stack up to the so-called standards. They are all GOLD in my book, but maybe not in the SCI book. Anyway, I took a White Blesbok with quite a long shot, making it my favorite. It measured 18" where it fell (I've been told the shrink as they dry). I'm trying to determine how big that is relative to the standards. Any help on judging Blesbok would be much appreciated. Also, is there any difference between regular and white (beside the color variation)? Cheers!

Robgeisler

Welcome to the AH forum...

WE willbe looking forward to your report and some of your photos if you are willing to share...

Hi all, new to the site but just returned from SA. Had a great time and took eight wonderful animals. Now that I'm back I've been trying to determine how they stack up to the so-called standards. They are all GOLD in my book, but maybe not in the SCI book. Anyway, I took a White Blesbok with quite a long shot, making it my favorite. It measured 18" where it fell (I've been told the shrink as they dry). I'm trying to determine how big that is relative to the standards. Any help on judging Blesbok would be much appreciated. Also, is there any difference between regular and white (beside the color variation)? Cheers!

Welcome to AH robgeisler!

Welcome rob,
You can go to the Roland ward or SCI websight and look up the measurements for the animals you took. I am pretty sure an 18" Blesbok is a good one as long as it has decent mass.
Post up a hunt report for us. Where you went, the play by play of each hunt and plenty of pictures.

Thunder, is there a template for a hunt report?

Welcome rob,
You can go to the Roland ward or SCI websight and look up the measurements for the animals you took. I am pretty sure an 18" Blesbok is a good one as long as it has decent mass.
Post up a hunt report for us. Where you went, the play by play of each hunt and plenty of pictures.

robgeisler

It is your story and you get to tell it how you want and post the picture you want to go along with the story.

What works is wuse work document and type up your story and the come on her and start a new forum posting and then past it into the posting. you will have to go advanced to make sure you have the breaks where you want them. leave a double space for your adding of pictures as you move along...

works great...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg